ACT broadband in Chennai

why no good isps in lucknow? sum1 plz kill me

@uberjon - cool..thanks..a bit annoying when using websites that offer services based on location...but, i am nitpicking :)

uberjon, I too live in RA Puram. I'm currently using bsnl and am sick of it. How is your experience with ACT? Would you recommend me to make the switch from bsnl to ACT? There are lot of unhappy people who made the switch. Kindly share your experience and suggestions.Thanks,Madhu

ACT is still new here, so it's too early to say. I used my ACT line for less than 1 day. I connected my Airtel line again to finish my data for this billing cycle. When that's done, I'll connect the ACT line again and change my Airtel plan. I know I'm gonna cross 75GB with ACT and it's gonna be very hard browsing at 512kbps. A tip for those who applied for ACT - You must have a standalone router. A modem+Router will NOT work.

But how good was the speed. I'm reading reviews of people asking others to stay away from ACT. N where do you live in RA Puram ( which main road )?

madhu1989 said:
But how good was the speed. I'm reading reviews of people asking others to stay away from ACT. N where do you live in RA Puram ( which main road )?
Where are you reading these 'reviews'? Are you looking at the Bangalore reviews?
Try Airtel instead of BSNL if you want better service + reliability.
Like I said, it's still early days for ACT in Chennai and I've gone back to Airtel to finish my data. With a 75 GB FUP on ACT, I'm gonna blow past my data cap in 3 weeks or less. I NEED more data than 75 GB without paying more than 3k for it. Airtel has a 175 GB plan. ACT needs to have a plan between 150 to 175 GB or something like that.
Once I fully move to ACT (in 3 days or so), I'll have a better idea about reliability.

uberjon said:
Where are you reading these 'reviews'? Are you looking at the Bangalore reviews?Try Airtel instead of BSNL if you want better service + reliability.Like I said, it's still early days for ACT in Chennai and I've gone back to Airtel to finish my data. With a 75 GB FUP on ACT, I'm gonna blow past my data cap in 3 weeks or less. I NEED more data than 75 GB without paying more than 3k for it. Airtel has a 175 GB plan. ACT needs to have a plan between 150 to 175 GB or something like that.Once I fully move to ACT (in 3 days or so), I'll have a better idea about reliability.
uberjon said:
Where are you reading these 'reviews'? Are you looking at the Bangalore reviews?Try Airtel instead of BSNL if you want better service + reliability.Like I said, it's still early days for ACT in Chennai and I've gone back to Airtel to finish my data. With a 75 GB FUP on ACT, I'm gonna blow past my data cap in 3 weeks or less. I NEED more data than 75 GB without paying more than 3k for it. Airtel has a 175 GB plan. ACT needs to have a plan between 150 to 175 GB or something like that.Once I fully move to ACT (in 3 days or so), I'll have a better idea about reliability.
Those were general topics in India broadband forum. Anyway Kindly post your thoughts once you start using it if it's not much of a troubleThanks,Madhu

madhu1989 said:
Those were general topics in India broadband forum. Anyway Kindly post your thoughts once you start using it if it's not much of a trouble
Yeah, they were probably for Bangalore, as ACT just started in Chennai.
Sure. I have a feeling that there are a couple of Chennai users who want to know my experience with it before they're able to jump on the FTTx bandwagon too.

ANy idea when ACT will be available in other areas in chennai?
im stuck with airtel and their data calculations seem faulty. easily 5gb or more per month gets eaten away.

Back