ACT free upgrade to 300mbps speed and no fup till 31st march for work from home #coronavirus

• Thread starter Thread starter igloo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 78
  • Views Views 9,497
How does increase in download speeds decrease the web page loading times? Is it possible

@philip after upgrading to work from home plan the loaded latency has redused to 8MS

So if our download speeds increases the web page loading time decreases ... I thought download speeds has no impact on latency..

@philip download speeds & latency do not have any relation
but in this case
I am guessing that when YOU Upgread to the work from home plan they are doing some kind of optimization
hence Lo Loaded latency
it is not the case with all ISPS who Have Fiber Example take Jio Fiber which has loaded latency around 44-70MS
one more thing I could think of is that to utilize work from home services Most people must have some Kind of VPN to support that they might bee giving lo latency

I wish i had latencies like that. I am getting 20 ,30 ,40 ms to most of the sites,not that i am complaining but it will feel faster with 4ms latencies websites loading much faster.....

started using google DNS from Today
now getting even less loaded latency the loest I got is 5 MS

It is now extended till end of April.

"You are already experiencing 300Mbps
speed and enjoying unlimited data. This
will be valid till 30th April 2020.Please
ensure that you have the latest router that
supports speeds of 300Mbps"

It's very nice of them I hope their improve their pings, or routing too..

Funny comment by ACT, ensure u have latest router when market closed 😀 I toh don't even have spare one :P

ACT should release a 300 Mbps No FUP plan. People will gladly pay INR 2500-3000+ for it plus GST. In areas without Airtel FTTH, people might even pay INR 4000+ for it.

Back