Airtel 5G Plus - Unlimited 5G Data offer

• Thread starter Thread starter itzmynet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 19,038
@Jonas Airtel takes some time to enable UL 5G. I am on ₹1799 plan, but i activated UL 5G on my friend's device in the evening. Did a speed test after 1 hour and data got deducted from daily quota. Did speed test the next day and UL 5G had been enabled.

Last edited:
What if i have a 4G phone? Will the Data consumption be considered as per 5G policy?
Right now, none of the Postpaid Numbers i have show it as 5G data in Airtel Thanks app.

So, I have not been able to get 5G on my Airtel post paid SIM for some days.

I called 198 to complain and the woman ('dedicated relationship mgr' if you please which is bollocks) at the other end of the line tells me that only Mumbai is covered in your State for 5G services, not Pune. She then read out the list of cities including Siliguri that were covered for 5G in Oct/Nov last. I said do you know where Pune is? She said no I am from Bangalore. I started laughing and said 'Maam either you are lying about 5G coverage or your website and Airtel thanks app are' :ROFLMAO: And disconnected the phone. Holy cr**! What a dumbo!

Airtel has gone to the dogs...really!

This may be just a guess, but I think I am not getting 5G because I am on the Corporate 199 + GST plan. It's too low for Airtel to offer their premium 5G service to a cheapskate like me. :D Doesn't matter if I am an Airtel Black customer with billing of about 2K/month on BB + DTH + static IP. What @ssho**s man!

@Chip same for my dad , he's on 199 postpaid plan and 5g ain't working on it. For me it works but we'll at my home the speed is even slower than 4g , jus gonna port my sim to jio which is OP here.

What I plan to do is port to Jio and add this connection to my family plan, still thinking about it as I don't want to put all my connections in the Jio basket.

Just don't. Here in this forum there was a post which calculated jio postpaid to be the most expensive per sim and the worst data allotment management option for the child sims

Back