airtel broadband: impatience 4MBps plan user experience

• Thread starter Thread starter srinpraveen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 14,181
how much hav u dwnded nd who's all speed has been cut till now to 256kbs ???

Great stuff. Is it sustained above 4MBPS?

It ranges between 2-5 mbps .. it ain't airtel IMPATIENCE its airtel UNSTABLE.

I've got 1399plan activated yesterday the max Download Speed i've got is 290kb/sec @ uTorrent seeds 1 k + .
A friend from delhi is @ 1099plan 12gb dl limit thats removed now. The funny thing is he has used about 40 gb in a week and they've reduced it to 256 kbps When you restart your modem it gives you 4mbps again lol ?

Poor airtel has given him 4mbps unlimited @ 1099rs lucky him :(

Hi Vaccine,
Hahahahha...That's hillarious. Nice on the part of airtel. hahahaha.

I was told for the first 3-4 days it wouldn't cross 2mbps today is the 2nd lemme wait for another 2 and see if i get 4mbps , and i hope mine is unlimited too xD

I was told for the first 3-4 days it wouldn't cross 2mbps today is the 2nd lemme wait for another 2 and see if i get 4mbps , and i hope mine is unlimited too xD

Iam also from chennai i asked airtel to upgrade my plan to 4mbps they told me its not possible for my line at present 4mbps is offered to lines which are close to exchange pillars ,They also said they can give that plan but i would be getting max 2mbps speed and not 4mbps and for full 4mbps they need to upgrade their network ,so be cautious in getting 4mbps plan

my "Line Downstream - Speed" in router page is showing 2560 kbps. I am not able to upgrade to 4 mbps using SOD. How to remove this cap?

Iam also from chennai i asked airtel to upgrade my plan to 4mbps they told me its not possible for my line at present 4mbps is offered to lines which are close to exchange pillars ,They also said they can give that plan but i would be getting max 2mbps speed and not 4mbps and for full 4mbps they need to upgrade their network ,so be cautious in getting 4mbps plan

Yeah about 1 month ago even though my friend next door had availed the 4mbps plan. Airtel told me theres no feasibility in my area. Then i received a call from them on 1st of July and it was setup by 12th :) now i get 370-400 kb/s .

my "Line Downstream - Speed" in router page is showing 2560 kbps. I am not able to upgrade to 4 mbps using SOD. How to remove this cap?

its not a cap,its what your line can handle.you can call 121 and tell airtel upgrade it but they will say it cannot be done now.just tell them that you were promised it would be done by this month as an excuse and tell them that you want the speed.they will agree

Line Downstream - Speed is set manually by Airtel in your routers. The limit was increased on my connection when I got the IPTV connection. the wiring was not changed. just this limit was increased. 4-5mbps was dedicated to IPTV line. 2mbps to broadband.

Back