Airtel Broadband Standby plan Rs 199

• Thread starter Thread starter _Dexter
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 3,838
ISP
Airtel Fiber, Airtel 5G, Jio 5G
My friend has it. I was thinking of getting new connection with that plan. So, my question is how do I get it. Do they still provide that plan as Airtel site have removed listing from their page Airtel

Solution
I am talking about popular torrents. Cant name them here.
Get the 100mbps plan for now, and if you feel the need of more speed, get it upgraded to 200. Remember to get Airtel BB Postpaid connection else you wont be able to change the plan on prepaid one.
Its removed in most cities as reported on a tg group.
But bro, trust me, 10mbps does not worth 236rs.

Upvote 0
Any suggestion which plan should I get? I am currently using Airtel and Jio 5G. and let me tell you, it's bad.

Upvote 0
What you want to do with internet? Normal browsing? Torrenting? OTT streaming? Downloading Games?

Upvote 0
All of above. My current monthly usage is around between 500GB-1TB (torrenting, games, OTT, everything else). I mainly need it for WFH (365 Cloud PC).

Upvote 0
How many devices?
For 2-3 devices, doing all of the above, with a pinch of patience while downloading stuff, 100Mbps is more than enough. If there are 5-8 devices, 200Mbps is ideal.

Btw just a quick info, most of the torrents are blocked on Airtel. I am routing torrents through Excitel.

Upvote 0
I am talking about popular torrents. Cant name them here.
Get the 100mbps plan for now, and if you feel the need of more speed, get it upgraded to 200. Remember to get Airtel BB Postpaid connection else you wont be able to change the plan on prepaid one.

Upvote 2
Solution
I don't face any issues while downloading torrents. It works perfectly fine with Airtel Broadband. I would suggest you to get 40 Mbps connection first if you are not a heavy downloader. It would be more than sufficient for 5-10 devices for casual browsing and streaming if you have a decent WiFi 6 router of your own.You will have a far more superior experience compared to 5G hotspot. The only disadvantage here is that you have to pay 6 months in advance. If you are okay with it then go ahead.

There's a small glitch in Airtel where in you get double the download speeds with popular servers like steam and epic games if you enable IPv6. This is not 100% consistent but works most of the time. I get around 470-500 Mbps download speed on my 200 Mbps connection while downloading games from the mentioned servers.
Online multiplayer games should just work fine even with 40 Mbps plan unless you're downloading something in parallel.

You can upgrade to 100 Mbps plan in between, Airtel does allow that although I am not 100% sure. Other people will be able to confirm.

Upvote 0

Back