Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,106
One interesting thing from the article that OP posted

For Rs 899 a month, subscribers can download up to 6 GB of data after which the users has the option to pay at the rate of 10 paise for every additional MB downloaded or move to a 256 Kbps speed till the new billing cycle starts.

It seems Airtel would charge Rs 102 for every GB, while its still a lot, they seem to have brought down the price from 400 to 100, hopefully they would reduce it further to 50/GB in the future.

So the double speed applies to everybody, even for those who already have double the speed for Rs 100?

That should be the case, if your speed has not been doubled then I guess they must be doing it in a phased manner. If you go by the news reports then I think all Airtel customers will get double speed by June.

What about guys like me who are on plans that no longer exist? I am on Explorer 1099 (384 Kbps daytime and 1 Mbps in the night). So will I be getting 768 Kbps in the daytime and 2 Mbps at nights for 1099 rupees a month? Anybody?

^^The plans having -"DTH-DOuble speed" in their title.Only on those particular plans will you get Double speed ..

I don't think so. They will probably change your plan to something else.

so if somebody with 1099 plan subscribed for rs 100 double speed offer, he will get 2 mbps unltd and people like me on 1299/- plan who didnt subscribe to double speed offer will get 1 mbps in daytime and 2 mbps in night time for 1299/-..thus 2 mbps whole day for only 1200 and 1 mbps day and 2 mbps night for 1300 bucks ..doesnt make sense ..

^ Dude, strongly suggest you to downgrade your plan. I was on that plan and looks like Airtel believes folks on that plan are not worth their attention. I had to downgrade to get the recent upgrades.

What about guys like me who are on plans that no longer exist? I am on Explorer 1099 (384 Kbps daytime and 1 Mbps in the night). So will I be getting 768 Kbps in the daytime and 2 Mbps at nights for 1099 rupees a month? Anybody?

even i am on the same plan and i think speed upgrade will be on all plan whether existing or not

Google and a group of telecommunications companies are about ready to turn on a fast Internet cable running under the Pacific Ocean from the U.S. to Japan, increasing bandwidth by about 20 percent and giving Google its own connection to Asia.

The Unity Consortium, which consists of Google, Bharti Airtel, Global Transit, KDDI, Pacnet, and SingTel, has nearly completed the testing of the $300 million project. Internet users in Asia will start seeing faster Internet speeds over the next several months from the new cable, which has the potential to create a 7.68Tbps (terabits per second) connection under the Pacific.

Google's fast pipe to Asia almost ready | Relevant Results - CNET News

Back