Airtel is big f***ers. They are investing in submarine cable for another country.

• Thread starter Thread starter acc1444
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 20,243

acc1444

Regular
ISP
Multiple
I am sure everybody is aware about Google Fiber project but google has not revealed any descriptive information about their projects but I found something interesting. Google and other partner including airtel with their partners are investing to install new undersea cable named 'unity' between USA and Japan. Not only one pair but 5 pair having speed of 960 Gbits each. Cost of unity is $300milion.

Airtel is just making money by investing for other country. It does not care about India. Recently, I heard airtel has launched in 16 african countries with bangladesh. It makes money in india and earn more by investing it into another project.

Source:
Unity (cable system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Airtel already has invested a lot into their network in India. They probably have the largest fiber layout within the country, and that is extremely under utilised. It is another thing that they don't want to capitalise further on it as the average Indian's bandwidth requirements are minimal. On the other hand, laying an undersea cable makes great economic sense since they are select parties involved and everyone prefers to lease the existing pipes rather than lay their own.

Airtel has the highest no. of submarine cable coming to india while carrying a monstorous capacity of over 15 Tbps international bandwidth. But within country I highly doubt that they have anything near what BSNL has already(more than 5.5 lakh Kms of fiber). Though i believe they are extending their network within country too. Recently 2-3 months before some cable were being laid around my village connecting with the central district which now has milestone written BHARTI OFC, I'm not sure about it but may be its airtel expanding their domestic network to further deepen its reach into rural areas.But one thing is for sure the milking of BB customers is sure resulting into the Cow owner becoming more and more healthy:sleep:

No surprise for me, In feb, they launched EIG Submarine Cable. I was expecting few more but its not going to be utilised for residential bb customers anyways. EIG is Available for commercial purposes :( .. Do u know the rest?? Bharti Airtel is investing in EASSy Fiber optic Cable to expand its global network through its ownership of the i2i submarine cable system and consortium ownership in other global undersea cable systems such as Unity, SEA-ME-WE 4, EIG, I-ME-WE and AAG.No matter how (many) cables they launch, Airtel is not going to bring affordable internet neither they are going to remove the Fup term from their dictionary

No matter how (many) cables they launch, airtel is not going to bring affordable internet neither they are going to remove the FUP term from their dictionary.
That pretty much sums it up... :|

i have been saying it for a long time now. airtel is funding their global expansion by looting their indian customers. if i am to trust what i see on twitter, the company has launched very affordable services in the african markets to take on the existing players. rivals are struggling to match the pricing and are stating in media that the price war is not going to sustain for long if they have to remain profitable.

thats true. they are kicking on the ass of their own country peoples from where they started initially... Singtel which has share in Bharati Airtel communications have plans like 10mbps ul @1662 without fup.Atleast leaving the bb scene in india and the population, They can offer the same 10mbps ul for3500 without fup. But they wont do it, They want themselves kicked out of the country by their consumers.

Airtel already has invested a lot into their network in India. They probably have the largest fiber layout within the country, and that is extremely under utilised. It is another thing that they don't want to capitalise further on it as the average Indian's bandwidth requirements are minimal. On the other hand, laying an undersea cable makes great economic sense since they are select parties involved and everyone prefers to lease the existing pipes rather than lay their own.
Airtel has the highest no. of submarine cable coming to india while carrying a monstorous capacity of over 15 Tbps international bandwidth. But within country I highly doubt that they have anything near what BSNL has already(more than 5.5 lakh Kms of fiber). Though i believe they are extending their network within country too. Recently 2-3 months before some cable were being laid around my village connecting with the central district which now has milestone written BHARTI OFC, I'm not sure about it but may be its airtel expanding their domestic network to further deepen its reach into rural areas.

But one thing is for sure the milking of BB customers is sure resulting into the Cow owner becoming more and more healthy:sleep:
yeah. Before posting it, I was thinking that airtel is the only isp who owned one cable completely coming from singapore to india but I also remembered that it was the first company who brought FUP in india. Then, other companies have adapted. Activeness of airtel in submarine cable development may increase internet speed of india and cable infrastructure within india. I am also impressed with its cable development in india. I have heard any complaint regarding cable cut of airtel because as I know, it installs cable underground only. I am agree with that.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

No surprise for me, In feb, they launched EIG Submarine Cable. I was expecting few more but its not going to be utilised for residential bb customers anyways. EIG is Available for commercial purposes :(

.. Do u know the rest?? Bharti Airtel is investing in EASSy Fiber optic Cable to expand its global network through its ownership of the i2i submarine cable system and consortium ownership in other global undersea cable systems such as Unity, SEA-ME-WE 4, EIG, I-ME-WE and AAG.

No matter how (many) cables they launch, Airtel is not going to bring affordable internet neither they are going to remove the Fup term from their dictionary

Yeah, you could be right. Airtel has numbers of business customers as well as local isp working on its. I think tikona is one of it and spidigo also.

Airtel strategy is quite strange to me. They hav not been like what Tata's did...being dormant on retail side and active on wholesale side.Instead they want to come to BB, wireless BB, wholesale and all stuff.Small companies like 5net,beam,spectranet and all upcoming ones virtually ar alive on their BW. But this guys have turned a blind eye towards them . They have forgotten that this ar snatching their customers. They ar giving a better deal than them too. Now they damn ar complaining that why we are complaining abt FUP's?How strange.....

Back