Airtel is rolling out IPv6 on their wired broadband services

@igloo any update? did anything worked out?

@Chip which router are you using? Did you try enabling ipv6 on the same PPPoE session of Ipv4 and dhcpv6 for getting ipv6 address? We get the ipv6 address on the router as well as on every device connected. But sites do not detect ipv6, we can't even ping ipv6 address but it resolves to ipv6 address of the domains.

@imdarkray I am using an Asus AC3200 for now in dual WAN mode (see my signature). Planning to upgrade to a box that runs pfSense but that's in the future.

I will find out from Airtel support if they're rolling out IPv6 here in Maharashtra and revert. I don't want to mess around with my settings without ascertaining this. Thing is, I am still on public v4 so doubt they'll offer v6 at this time.

@imdarkray I am using an Asus AC3200 for now in dual WAN mode (see my signature). Planning to upgrade to a box that runs pfSense but that's in the future.

I will find out from Airtel support if they're rolling out IPv6 here in Maharashtra and revert. I don't want to mess around with my settings without ascertaining this. Thing is, I am still on public v4 so doubt they'll offer v6 at this time.
I had a public IPv4 and IPv6 when I got the connection ten days back in Thane

Back