Airtel is rolling out IPv6 on their wired broadband services

Hi, can you please share the IPv6 settings here?
Here's the OpenWrt WAN interface config, I deleted the WAN6 interface as it's not needed in case of PPPoE.

Code:
config interface 'wan'
        option ifname 'eth1'
        option proto 'pppoe'
        option password 'xyz'
        option ipv6 'auto'
        option username 'abc'
        option peerdns '0'

Here's the OpenWrt WAN interface config, I deleted the WAN6 interface as it's not needed in case of PPPoE.

Oh ok you're running it on a WRT router. I am interested in set up with the correct settings with ie DHCP6, prefix delegation and related settings. Thanks though.

Last edited:
Some observations. When Airtel enable bridging on Lan port 4 (on ZTE F670L v9.0 atleast), the other 3 LAN ports are disabled. IPv6 works only for ICMP and not much else on OpenWrt router by default, I'm still working on finding a fix for this. So for example I can ping Ipv6 address of Google DNS(2001:4860:4860::8888) but can't telnet port 443, same goes for https://ipv6.icanhazip.com and every other URL pointing to an IPv6 address. All works well if I directly connect the PC to the LAN4 port of the ONT and ONT is making PPPoE connection.

Last edited:
Dualstack WAN config on the ZTE ONT
Airtel-dualstack-wan-censored.jpg

Dualstack WAN config on the ZTE ONT
Thanks, this is what I needed to see if I need to configure my router for IPv6 ..that is Airtel if ever starts it in my city.

@rohancyberdude i am having Nokia router in Chandigarh and not able to get ipv6. I tried dual stack option but no success.

even on bridge mode its not working. Basically they might not have enabled ipv6 for Chandigarh server

Back