Airtel is rolling out IPv6 on their wired broadband services

I'm getting ipv6 from the day I took the connection 10 days ago. Kolkata, WB area. I wonder what's all the fuss is about ipv6!

@hallow2087 can you please share screenshot? Which router are you using from Airtel and what is the setting? Will try to see if it can be replicated in mine.

@AltusRector Router is Sercomm AOT-4221SR. Not sure which exact setting you mean but this is what I can find related to ipv6:

Which area of Kolkata are you from by the way? I was looking for a airtel fiber customers from Kolkata for a long time.

@AltusRector Could you please post the result from CloudPing.info and CS:GO Ping Test — Ping Test Live please? Checked through LAN goes without saying.

Also, please run a ping test to the server 31.214.240.247 and post the numbers. I am about to move back to my old ISP as airtel is performing terribly but would like to confirm one final time whether it's me alone or all in Kol are affected with poor routing. I wish we could connect over DM but this forum doesn't have that feature.

Last edited:
Ok my old router/ONT is still on IPv4 in Pune for the 1st PPPoE connection. The router is in bridged mode and I connect my router to port 4. So I guess they're still not rolled out IPv4 yet.

@govivek please note that the current roll out is in the testing phase as informed by their support team. Some of the websites do not work when IPv6 is enabled on their network.

This is a forum for enthusiastic people. We get thrilled with new technology developments. So we are curiously waiting for ipv6 on airtel. And of course ipv6 has more benefits than ipv4.

Back