Airtel launches new logo, signature tune, branding and website

• Thread starter Thread starter y2s
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 13,076
yeap.

all these changes in three countries. what a sheer waste of money. reminds me of how AT&T has gone through several branding changes in the last couple of years in the US market.

Airtel's Sri Lanka website is not reflecting the new logo or anything yet...

the intresting part is , the landing page which is hosted on server IP 124.247.226.41 , belongs to tulip datacenter.

airtel ran out of server space or bandwidth ?

IBM is the company managing the website for Airtel. graphics and flash work was done by a company in gurgaon. website was done by a company based in noida. :D

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

everything is pretty much outsourced.

...even more interestingly, the /18 netblock for this address is announced by AS4755 (VSNL/Tata) and the /23 netblock is "maintained" by AS18101 which is Reliance ADA :D Although what this probably means is that this netblock used to belong to Reliance a few years ago when Tulip was a bit smaller and shared some resources with RIL, but which has since been allocated to Tulip.

However, like us, Tulip buys a percentage of it's bandwidth from Bharti, a percentage of bandwidth from Tata, and a percentage from Reliance, so, apart from the whole website design and whatnot being outsourced, the reason it's probably in a Tulip DC is for efficiency: Tulip buys from everyone, so the route from your computer to Airtel.in should not leave Indian shores, and as such, access to that site should be speedy - no matter which ISP you're on.

IMHO, this is how things are SUPPOSED to be anyway, but sadly in India, they are currently not.

I like the new logo. Airtel didn't have a proper one till date :)

That's just really the brand name right. I mean there is no symbol which brought Airtel to mind, like say the tick for Nike, the three stripes for Adidas, the S for Sony, or the Z for the Delhi Metro.

MS doesn't, but Facebook has the small f and Google's font / Chrome icon has become synonymous with Google, and so has the M for GMail, the o for Orkut and so on. I think the Windows icon could be used for Microsoft

what is this obsession with red for these telcos?

Red = Danger = Keep away from us
:rolleyes:

they had too much money and wanted to spend it someway. so through of re-branding. still airtel is the old wine in a new bottle.

Back