Airtel offering priority 4G network to customers on platinum level?

ISP
Hathway
I came across this ad today and the circled info. caught my eyes. How are they providing priority 4g network to Platinum users( which I am). I would hate Vodafone for their discriminatory practises ( RedX gets better data speed) and find Airtel doing the same.

Airtel.webp

I wonder what happened to net neutrality? Maybe this now called 'ease of doing business'😡

Last edited:
this particular thing has nothing to do with net neutrality. they are not treating web traffic differently.

net neutrality comes into effect if they are offering free or priority access to specific web services like wynk.

net neutrality has nothing to do with how fast your connection is. none of the operators label their wireless plans with speed details. you get what you get. it can be 100mbps or 100kbps. and i doubt there is any regulation that block operators from offering two level of speeds on wireless networks. it already happens on wired. so can't see how trai can stop airtel and vodafone from doing it on mobile networks. these companies always have the excuse of network congestion to justify slower speeds on wireless. there are just no regulations from my understand that specifies quality of service wrt wireless internet speeds in india.

Ok, guess I got my wires crossed. 🥴
I remember now even MTNL broadband offered different speeds with different fup's. Thanks for the correction 👍🏻

this is just dumb and gonna cause more network issue to implement than before.. no wonder since last 6 months airtel network has gone to more sh!it

pretty sure TRAI gonna come and cancel just practice..telecom company can not discriminate on network usage..they can only reduce or increase data, calls !

Still No change in Ambr DL/UP so no change in max Speed for airtel.Vodafone changes Ambr DL/UL according to Plan but no such case with airtel.

Back