Airtel Static IP - Setup Guidance

@gayad Set the XZ000-G7 VLAN to Control by OLT, then set VLAN 100 into AX12's IPTV Page where there will be an option to choose various ISP Settings. Choose Custom and set Internet VLAN to 100, VoIP and IPTV can be set to 101 and 102. Save the settings and check again.

@tr1k0N4 I understand what you're saying, but I am in the middle of a project with a client rn and was of the impression that G7 widely works as Green Lit here in this thread, while I was also aware that in ~10% of the cases might cause issues.
I wouldn't mind tinkering but in this case any downtime has consequences for me which I can't afford luxury of, to tinker and buy hardware to experiment.
From my experience in these 2-3 days, if I were giving advice, I'd blacklist G7 and rather recommend other options maybe.

So I am guessing, I've ran out of permutations and combinations with my G7?

@IfranAli it's totally on me yo, it was never a 100% success rate solution and I knew that.
Sad that didn't work for me. Anyways, I'll try my luck and if nothing works, maybe have the TL push Bridged on Nokia?
Phew .. I don't even know at this point.

@gayad Also, if you don't mind, do share your XZ000-G7 XPON and VLAN settings AND AX12's Network/WAN Page and the IPTV Page.
VALUES MUST BE MASKED

@gayad Your ISP end OLT must be Alcatel/Nokia which has VLAN issue where it only assigns VLAN as 100 if specific ONU criteria is met. Otherwise, it allots a different and random VLAN. To know your "real" VLAN, you need a Realtek chipset based ONU which can sniff out "real" Inner VLAN by telnet command omcicli mib get 84
This is only one possibility out of the many like incompatibility with ONU, not cloning ISP Gateway details enough. But wrong VLAN is my guess.

@IfranAli I tried with Control By OLT and did the VLAN ID in AX12. Rebooted both, still seeing an Orange light in AX12. No luck.
I see this OLT Mode on G7 though, have kept it on Normal everytime.
Attaching images. Sorry, on my phone.

Source

Source

Source

Back