Airtel Static IP - Setup Guidance

@gayad

There are 5 valid reasons for getting your own ONT:

1. You want SFP or something with a smaller form factor, i.e., aesthetics
2. You want something that uses lower power
3. Your ONT is utter garbage with broken bridge mode (Nokia/ZTE should be fine)
4. You want to get rid of ghost SSIDs that ISPs configure so their technicians can connect to the router with hardcoded passwords
5. You don't want your internet to go down when Airtel pushes a firmware update and commands a router restart from their side.

Bridge mode worked fine for me for many years for hosting Minecraft servers for friends with Dynamic IP and DDNS when I had a ZTE ONT.

When I got Genexis ONT, IPv6 was broken in bridge mode, I had CGNAT IPv4 and was facing random restarts.

Currently I'm using my own ONT with Dynamic IPv6 with DDNS for the same server hosting and it works fine too. I had to get my own ONT for all of the above 5 reasons but you can use bridge mode if you don't feel like spending a lot.

My only advice is please don't have them replace your Nokia router with Genexis. It is a lot worse.

They will do the changes from backend. It can be either LAN port 1 or 4. They will tell you. No need to chat up. Just call them and put in a request.

Got it @akshay71 . Apologies in advance man, I know I am being a pain rn, but I wanted to confirm .. ..
So before I got the StaticIP and Airtel pushed locked Firmware on my Nokia, I had UPnP ON and DHCP range from .54 to .254
After they locked it, UPnP setting is just invisible and forced ON, and LAN IP and DHCP are locked.
If they bridge the Nokia on Lan1/4, those settings will be bypassed and controlled by AX12 right?
I wanted to confirm because these people are a PITA and don't pickup any calls despite giving their numbers themselves.

Change the F***ING MAC address (MAC CLONE) to your Nokia ONT!!!!!!!
its not jio

But someone was too overconfident to give him the green light........

And Ifran, just to be clear, giving someone advice based on what we know isn’t 'overconfidence' the advice was perfect based on what we knew airtel’s system is a mess, and we all know it. If you're only here to throw digs, you might want to rethink your approach. No one knew his area has ALCL OLTs and a person also has to do his due diligence.
@IfranAli

@gayad I will send you a VSOL onu you can use the scan feature that should solve the issue by automatically detecting the correct VLAN, so this should clear things up and then you can return me the onu dropping you a DM.
sorry cant find option to dm you you can drop me a message on tg @bhardwaj_anmol

Back