Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband in Patna/Bihar

@SukaHuka there is no change in traceroute. But the ping has increased from 24ms to 42ms for abts-mh-dynamic.

I emailed them and got a call on the 17th at around 9 am. But nothing has happened till now. Airtel has never sent out an engineer after messaging that they will. I recieved call from my LCO for my last service request. Airtel literally told the LCO to fix my problem like how is he supposed to fix bad routing.

@Aarin
Any updates?

After sending couple of reminders they called me again said our team is working on it and it's taking more than expected, sorry for the delay.

What can I do now except waiting...

And I am getting low ping on jio mobile data than airtel Xstream,...Lmao.

@SukaHuka In Patna, You will also get a better ping on Airtel 4G than Airtel Xstream fiber. Because they have their Mobile server here, you can see it on Speedtest. All "Bharti Airtel Ltd." are mobile servers and airtel broadband servers are "Airtel Broadband".

the problem is the route for bihar.. airtel has 2 rings in bihar both coming from kolkata n one is sub joined near up to del..jio has all route from kol to bihar jh.. kol to bihar route is always cheap n most of the isps have their bng route from kol as its nearest peering hub.. only tata has best routes to bihar from del or kol they have best bng route .. it will take time for airtel to sort out the ping issues or i can say it will not solve bcos its lco model n there is a deed in which they will cut commission of lco for downtime if upstream is ok... dont comapre airtel lco model vs airtel ftth model.. airtel has strictly mentioned no to use couplers or baredd patch cords in fat boxes but u know these cable operators..

@isp007 How do you come across this info? routes and rings of Airtel and other isp?

Btw what is meant by best bng routes for noobs like us?

@Realme bro u r not noob.. i worked as an network engineer n now own myself an isp.. every telecom isp wants to connect via nearest peering hub for less issues.. bng is there middle transmission hub or odc between there noc n last mile connectivity .. ..

Back