Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband in Patna/Bihar

Attachments

• cloud ping.webp
    cloud ping.webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 158
Using Cloudping.info is not accurate . It shows major difference , sometimes more or less. Use Endpoints from their website

@shashankb ping times will vary at different times of the day. What you see is a snapshot in time & nothing more. Pinging end points may shave off a few milliseconds or few 10s of ms especially when we use home broadband connections not dedicated leased bandwidth. I used to subscribe to Amazon S3. The AWS Mumbai server reading is pretty close to what I used to see with S3 as well.

So the connection is down since morning. Seems like, only my connection is affected. LCO doesn't seem to be concerned about this as I call their two team members and after knowing I am the one who got back the money from them, they literally say.. we cant do anything, call office and then disconnects the phone. I was not able to work the whole day and now I am pissed.

@Aarin I had the same thought when I switched to JioFiber after Railwire. Pings were 90-140ms but luckily they changed my gateway and now I get 50-60ms ping. Try convincing them to change your gateway to kolkata or something nearer where they have peering with AWS. What's your ping normally to other servers in Mumbai (other than AWS) ?

So the connection is down since morning.
Internet is back after 36hrs. Same as earlier there was a fiber cut and the lineman who takes care of the fiber was on leave yesterday. He is the only one who is not rude. But still depending upon a single person is not right. I will try to find a backup. I wish I had Jio fiber here. I was continuously tweeting to Airtel on Twitter, but there was no response or callback from their side. Seems like their customer service is degrading day by day.

Its the nature of LCOs. I have PON light on and proper optical power but the internet is not working, pppoe session timed out and its not connecting. I applied for static ip 3 days back, might be the reason of this that they are setting up a static IP?

Maybe you can try factory resetting the router after backing up the current configuration, after the reset the router will automatically configure itself from backend with latest settings. If it didn't work, you can restore the backup.

Back