Airtel Xstream Static IP Rental increased to Rs. 299+GST

Prepaid, currently suspended from airtel's side, whenever I call 121 to report fiber cut, they say first recharge then service request will be lodged, lmao. But my usage is even less than what a 40mbps user may have. Also I have to keep jio fiber anyways because fiber cut is too frequent, sometimes twice a day, and once in 2 days is sure, fiber cut will be there.

Didn't know we could have prepaid broadband.

2 hours, but configuration from backend takes time.

Can you guys tell what exact use cases you have for needing static IP? Considering ddns works just fine.
We run our websites (wordpress) and nextcloud and jellyfin media server all of which is dependent on static ip.

I was wondering of what alternatives are there if airtel chooses to discontinue ipv4 for residential connections as we only have airtel residential connections in our area providing static ipv4 adresses I am not willing to go with any cloud providers to host my web appliances. There are many experts on this website please provides your inputs.

Tunneling will degrade performance, if you are serious about hosting yourself, your better bet would be to go for a different provider there are still various other class-A providers that give a static ip albeit at a higher price, eg. I-ON.
If none of the options work then you can always get a business connection which usually do come with a single static ip, and I doubt they'd stop that anytime soon.
Hope we transition to IPV6 only internet very soon.

Back