Amazon AppStore for Google Android (Now available in India)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 10,812
Made it work :)@Operamaniac - thanks for confirming that its working :)Tweetcaster pro is the free app of the day today.

everybody is in hurry to have their own app store...I dont know but now i think it has become a nightmare for developers..

having options is nightmare? there is one official google android market. Amazon has been signing up exclusive deals but most developers are not happy with them. they decide the pricing of the app. they even decide to give away paid apps for free on random days. but if a develop thinks that his app would do well on amazon app store than google android market, at least he has an option. no such case for Apple iPhone and windows phone 7 developers. only official app store is allowed.

nightmare .. i thought this give them opportunity to sell there product at different shops

but these shops are different !!!
its not that you make one app and sell that to all app store. You have to recreate/ redesign product acording to need of particular store...and platform matters !!

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

do you mean different platforms
yeah buddy

and that is why moving to web apps is what the future is going to be like. Apple originally had planned for web apps on the iOS platform but apparently the ecosystem is not yet ready for it. as smartphones get more powerful, more apps would be able to run from within the browser. checkout the new mobile twitter. or the new mobile facebook. both of them are very powerful. and almost as easy to use as native apps. i personally prefer using gmail inside the mobile browser than through the official app because the web edition is faster and more efficient.

right...thats why I said that having 8 platforms is bad for all. It looks creamy but in the end everyone suffers.I am also in favour of cloud based app...see the difference it can make...the app which was designed for desktop could work on your mobile/tablet/ any embedded device. The only requirement is that you must have browser built. same apps can run your electronics devices. but yeah there are roadblocks but that would vanish with time

Back