Applying for HDFC Credit Card

aviral sangal

Senior
ISP
Tikona
I went to hdfcbank.com and found an option called click2call for applying credit card. Filled up the details in the form. Then i was sent a OTP since my number is in DND list to take my consent. I get a call and the caller ask for a Non DND number. If i dont have it or give it they disconnected the call. Tried second time same thing happened.
Whats the point of taking the consent then?

I found one website called BankBazaar.com here you can Apply online for credit card
good luck

More dickhead spammers. Looks like BankBazaar has invested in social media spamming.

Okay got the card from HDFC today, even though their tracking mechanism shows in process and their CC says it will be shipped out in couple of days. I did not receive any SMS about my card approval or that the card has been dispatched which has to be the standard procedure.
But the card was approved without ITR or income proof. I got a signature card with 1lakh limit, which other banks were refusing.

Aviral you forgot to mention, how did you applied for it, after that DND thing ?
Getting a card with 1 Lakh Limit is easy in Metros, I am guessing you already have a Saving/current account with them so they have not asked for any ITR or proof of income yet.
if you have a account, and you pay your dues every month for next 9-12 months, I am sure you would be offered next higher end card as it happened with
a friend of mine.
However in small towns, the case is just opposite, no matter how much you use your card, how punctual you are with payment, they would not
increase the limit easily.

After I have post it on twitter and subsequent email, Branch near my place called me up. I didnt had any account with HDFC earlier. I told them i want a signature card, i wont give ITR or income proof. If you want initial funding i can give that.
His senior called me up and told me with initial funding of 2L they will open a priority account and then they will process the card.

Yes I got a HDFC card for my mom after making a FD with them .. Its not easy to get CC without valid income proofs .. Even after 14 months of regular payments they havent bothered to increase the limit and anyways I dont even want more ..

Make sure that you have a job and documents of proof of income(tax returns, bank statements, salary slips etc) before applying for a credit card, leave alone PAN card, Aadhaar card, Voters id :D. Otherwise your application will be rejected. Else apply for Fixed Deposit based card. I get a Lifetime Free Credit card advertisement all the time on net banking, but when I click on it, it asks me to select my employer/company name. Now what is this all about then? And what is then the hype about the so called credit card if you cannot get it without first having a job? I can get anyone to pay my credit card bills like my dad or mom

Back