HDFC Credit Card (RBI Ban Lifted)

lol yes they keep sending you reminders about autopay, smart emi even if you have paid full bill 10 days ago and also got the acknowledgement.

I've a HDFC Regalia lifetime free card (I'm holding HDFC lifetime free card since 20+ yrs now) and have received an email offering me to upgrade to Diners Black, but the later shows a annual charge of Rs 10,000/- which is why I'm reluctant to upgrade. Previously they used to call for upgrades and I used to check with them for the lifetime free clause. They are showing below two terms to upgrade, I don't know why the value of the points will remain the same on the new card even after deducting 50% from it.

Annual Membership Fee: 10,000
Reward Conversion Rate: 50 % (Value of Reward Points remains the same on the upgraded Card.)

Any suggestions on how to go about this ?

EDIT: I read their terms on the points, they are trying to say that value will remain the same after update & reduction, which is okay. Only the annual charge is an issue.

Last edited:
You can call the helpline and get info from them. Or email the cards department.
One thing for sure, whatever they tell you over call, just get the same in writing. Either via e-mail or SMS. Or ask for some documentation/link where you can verify such things yourself.

@bhojv74 Regalia points are valued at 1 point for 50 paise. While Diners point are 1 point for 1Rs. Hence the conversion rate is 50%.

A lot of users are getting lifetime free upgrades from Regalia to Diners. Strange that they have mentioned 10,000 for you. Please call them and ask for a lifetime free card. Am sure they will offer it to you keeping in mind the long term relation that you share with the bank.

I called their helpline, I was told that 2 cards (Diners Black & Infinia) cannot be made lifetime free. :(

well you have to spend 5lac per year to not get 11800 charge next year.
If you spend good amount on hotel n flights every year or 2... then its a good card to have.

Quick question. My 3 month smartpay thing is done (it's been 6 months now of smartpay being active). I confirmed via customer care that my regelia is indeed now Ltf.
If I remove the bills from smartpay the card still remains LTF, right?
Edit: the email support if of no help, I asked them the same thing all they replied is "yes, card is LTF".

So I just received this offer.

owRywk8.png

Back