HDFC Credit Card (RBI Ban Lifted)

@royalroy mine is not a default case of credit card. I was a normal user who shifted to other cards like amex and Citibank and now wants to close hdfc card as I would not be spending 3 lakhs in a year to waive of my annual fee of 2500. So I raised cancellation request with valid cancellation request no. also send a courier to their Chennai office for which I have received the acknowledgement from HDFC via SMS. That's it but it is not proceeding forward.

Phonebanking says that card is in temp block status hence no annual fee will be levied. But then why is the bank not closing the card account. It is not good hygiene from banking perspective.

I am planning to draft a mail to their nodal team followed by to RBI.

In your friends case I believe he would be getting monthly statement of credit card if there was a due of any sort. How can he get one letter after 3 yrs suddenly without any intimation for 3yrs. It doesn't happen like that. I received mine yesterday with nil balance. It would continue till account is closed...

@cooltexas60s One fine day, you will be charged the annual fee of the card and your bill won't be nil. If you are complacent with the fact that you have already closed the card, you won't even notice it. It's better to ask them for a no-dues certificate. :)

Last edited:
I should check if Indus people closed my card or not. It never appeared in my online account and customer care was not helping so I told them to shut it off on phone. Haven't received any sms or email with dues since then. Plus the card was super annoying with buttons to press for all transactions. Should have researched before confirming when they offered me that shit.

So just now again I called to customer care , now they say my card account has been permanently closed yesterday (15th Dec). I said I did not receive any message or email and he had no answer. Called up again after 2 min to re verify his claim and another executive also told card account has been permanently closed yesterday. So I have to believe anyways I have raised complaint on nodal officer of hdfc . Once they revert confirming card closure then I can have it documented for future purpose.

One thing I have to say MNC banks have solid sop for each and every thing. Closed my father Citibank card last month, card was closed on call itself and received one message immediately that card has been permanently closed and keep it for future reference. I moved my HDFC Bank account to standard chartered and ohhh man what a breeze... Account opened in 10 min sitting at home and I was able to transfer fund into it immediately. They don't give cashback offers too much but service is top notch

Does HDFC CC have a dedicated app to manage the credit card? Their normal mobile app doesn't show much info in terms of reward points, etc. ICICI's app is miles ahead in these terms.

No. Their reward points system is completely opaque you will never know for what purchase you are getting points/cashback after 3 months or if you didn't received anything.

Recently they have started sending sms about smartbuy pts getting credited. But still its not organized. Recd pts for sept then dec. Oct & nov missing.

This is stupid. They really should be able to make stuff like this easily viewable by their customers.

HDFC makes it difficult to get CC information. I was about to pay the bill twice thinking that I've not paid it. I think the same case is with SBI.

Maybe I am stupid.

Back