Asin- The brand ambassador for Tata Sky

• Thread starter Thread starter ~Hami~
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 11,700
Tata Sky ropes in Asin as its brand endorser

Tuesday - Dec 16, 2008
Televisionpoint.com Correspondent | Chennai
South Indian actress Asin, who is set to make her Bollywood debut in the film Ghajini, has been roped in by Tata Sky to endorse its direct-to-home (DTH) services. The DTH company is banking on the actress' popularity in southern markets, and the new contract is effective from January next year.

Ghajini, the Hindi remake of the Tamil hit which also starred Asin, has Tata Sky's other brand endorser, Aamir Khan, in the lead and will be released on Christmas. Khan would however continue to endorse the Tata Sky and Tata Sky+ brands.

Vikram Mehra, chief marketing officer, Tata Sky, said, "We have signed a long term association with the actress Asin and it was not limited to any particular film release. An official announcement in this regard would be made by next week."

Tata Sky has started offering Tamil films in its pay-per-view section, and also runs the Sri Venkateswara Bhakti Channel offering 'darshan' of the Tirupati deity. It plans to introduce stories in Telugu and Tamil in its value-added service for children, Active Stories.

Asin's popularity in the southern states should help the DTH service better market its product. The actress has also endorsed CavinKare, Mirinda and Colgate amongst other brands. A campaign featuring the actress is to be launched soon.
Tata Sky ropes in Asin as its brand endorser | Televisionpoint.com News

Probably TS is looking for southern market by roping with asin. I dont think she has the material to attract western and northern crowd. If she will roam on my streets (with or without make-up), no one would even stare at her(keeping aside the fact she is pairing with amir in ghajini). No offence to her or anyone but its truth, there are thousands of far better faces and figures on our streets.Mind you, i am not saying being dark is ugly. Kajol, bipasha ... are darkies, but they've got that material and appeal to attract anyone in world.

I have seen better faces than the bollywood and kollywood actress in the streets of streets of chennai we should not restrict it just with Asin

But this thread and your article was just about Asin, isn't it ? Hence i am talkin about her only. BTW, everything in ghajini is looking perfect to me, music, promos, actor. I just hope the actress does'nt ruin the movie. :hysterical:

Yes my friend this thread is about Asin association with TS........ Between now i am not a fan of any of the heriones in indian cinema industry........:thumbsup:. Between now I am sure that Ghajini will be a great hit .......

But this thread and your article was just about Asin, isn't it ? Hence i am talkin about her only.

BTW, everything in ghajini is looking perfect to me, music, promos, actor. I just hope the actress does'nt ruin the movie. :hysterical:
Or she may be the saviour!
None of the actors (both male and female) will be recognised if they dare to walk the streets without make up.

Many people here wonders how she came to stardom while many better good looking girls there?

Luck. Same like Vijay Vs Ajith.

I have seen better faces than the bollywood and kollywood actress in the streets of streets of chennai we should not restrict it just with Asin

yes :thumbsup:

Ajith pure hardwork..............:thumbsup: no backing for him in the industry:rofl: Vijay he has got his dad's backing:rofl:but he it was his hardwork which brought him to fame.....:thumbsup:

Back