oh yeah. a lot of reviews i read said that 3 hours of wearing the glasses was painful.

booked the tickets for tonight... let's hope i enjoy it despite having this terrible cold and cough.

so i finally watched avatar in 3d. not on imax though. watching this late had a disadvantage. all the glasses they had were in bad shape. finally managed to get a decent usable pair. watched the movie without my actual glasses for most of the time. finally realized that using them together gave a better experience. ended up watching the final battle with both the glasses. and it turned out to be nicer. as for the movie... i did not find it earth shattering. i guess imax experience is somewhat different. there were some scenes which were pretty awesome in 3d. especially the places where some objects suddenly appear out of nowhere from the front side. i guess this was one movie that would have been enjoyed more from the front row rather than the back row. :D

I also watched it last night in 3D. This was my second viewing.I agree with you about the glasses. There was something wrong with them.I saw the the movie the first time on the 1st day of its release. The Viewing experience was so much different that time.The ambience guys are cheapskates. They charge 250 bucks and then don't provide quality glasses? :(Also, Avatar did not work for me the 2nd time as it did in my watching it the first time.This is where Titanic scores over Avatar. I had a great time watching Titanic in repeat viewings which was not the case with Avatar.

so you were at ambiance as well? which show? i watched the 1120 show :D

I was at the 8PM one. I left the movie at the interval. :(Couldn't watch the movie again. Maybe it was the glasses.

trust me. it was the glasses. they sucked. after 10 minutes into the movie. i went out and checked at least 10 pairs before i found a unit that was in decent condition. and after i put them in front of my regular glasses, the movie became much clearer. :D it looked funny wearing both the glasses together but that's how it worked for me. too bad i did not try doing that for most of the movie. i just experimented it before the big battle... and it just clicked. :Dbtw wife had a headache by the end of the movie coz of the weight of the glasses. she is not used to wearing one for long hours. :D

Yeah. All I know was I was getting a headache watching it. I thought it was due to the fact that I was sitting almost at the front row at the corner seat.And to top it all, the fog during the return trip was a BIT@h. All in all, a forgettable experience. :(

heh. i drove back at around 2:30 AM. think about the fog at that time... took me 30 minutes to cover less than 10 kilometers. and i was assuming that avatar would have looked better from the front seats. :D

Back