It was a fantastic experience for me to watch a movie in 3d...........it was amazing........but this movie is all about visual treat............with respect to story line nothing special but the characters and the story concept was great........

this is exactly what i do not get about avatar reviews... :D people are 'so amazed' to see it. :D

Those were the days in tamilnadu where people dont go to theater to watch the english movie............but from Jurassic PArk the trend changed in tamil nadu slowly to watch the english movies in theaters........now watching a english movie theater in TN is not a big deal..........

Well the theatre I was in did not have the 3D properly set up. It was somewhat blurry in the background. The second time I went it was perfectly fine...

3D theatres charge so arrangement should be made to fill flaws before displaying it to public. Such errors of blurry viewing must be rectified.

This wasn't just sent to Jim Cameron. Lucas bought a full-page ad in Variety. That's why this looks like a scan from a magazine.

This is actually part of a decades-long tradition...

When the original Star Wars beat the box office record held by Jaws, Speilberg took out a full page ad in Variety that showed R2D2 reeling in the eponymous shark (thanks to toefer for posting this one, too).

Later, after ET retook the record, Lucas ran an ad with R2D2 putting a crown on ET's head.

Then in 1997 when the Star Wars Special Edition regained top-grossing spot, Spielberg's congratulatory ad showed a long line of movie characters with R2D2 zipping past to the front of the line.

This ad of ET returning the crown to R2D2 fits in there somehow as well. I hadn't heard of this one before toefer dug it up.

I guess it's time for Jim Cameron to run an ad congratulating himself for beating his own record.

If anyone can find scans of the other ads, I would be most grateful.

Others:

Source: 1998: Lucas sent this to Cameron, when Titanic dethroned Star Wars at the box-office : pics

Avatar has now broken the record set by Titanic. It is now the highest earning movie EVER!

i do not remember much about titanic. i slept through it.

here is the alternative ending to the movie that was discarded.

good idea.

yeah good that they didn't add it

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

Others:

Source: 1998: Lucas sent this to Cameron, when Titanic dethroned Star Wars at the box-office : pics

Avatar has now broken the record set by Titanic. It is now the highest earning movie EVER!

STAR WARS is actually still the KING when you count Inflation

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

10 years to make this movie........whats next for James Cameroon.........

it wasn't 10 years,he just wanted to do the movie then but it wasn't in production then

Last edited by a moderator:

Back