Beetel 220bx Latest Firmware

• Thread starter Thread starter TheMafioso
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 130
  • Views Views 79,595
How have you got it setup?What OS?Whether running in bridge mode or regular USB LAN?What are the disconnects like? link light goes away or is that stable?Give more info!!!:)

OS- XP with USB LAN, Vista with ethernet cable.
I think I am running refular USB LAN. By bridge mode do you mean port forwarding and stuff? I did not do any. I only have the DHCP enabled.
The lights are stable, thats whats surprising. In fact, I tried only the USB once, though there was no net connection, but the 'data' light kept glowing!

Found one link : WazzHot: Why Airtel Broadband Sucks
Think this could be a permanent fix?

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or not but after upgrading to the latest firmware the modem no longer reboots whenever the line drops unlike the old firmware, so u have to manually switch it off and turn it on again whenever it happens & thats too damn annoying.

@loner_techAre your sure you had client TR069 in your old firmware ? F/W version ? I think only 220BX1 ( 220BXone) has this facility.Board ID: 96338L-2M-16M Software Version: 3.06L.05.A2pB021g.d19d Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.37-6.8Can you post the dsl status showing FW version etc ? updated version ?

@essbebe
Screenshots as requested:

You have the latest FW as posted in wiki.
Router Firmwares - India Broadband Wiki
latest firmware.
Airtel Broadband North---------Modem Drivers older Firmware
Airtel site may have the older version.
Open 192.168.1.1/main.html Advanced see "client Tr069" available.
If you complain about frequent disconnections, Airtel replaces with latest Beetel220BX1( one) which automatically reconnects after disruption/s.
( That is how we got it in Chennai !!)

the bx1 usually doesn't have the disconnect issue at all. unless one has trying changing the firmware.:)

the bx1 usually doesn't have the disconnect issue at all. unless one has trying changing the firmware.:)
m using this 220bx1 modem for da past 3 months .no disconnection issue at all
and getting more speed than plan specified

Back