Beetel 220bx Latest Firmware

• Thread starter Thread starter TheMafioso
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 130
  • Views Views 79,595
i mean i installed a perfectly normal bios update somehow my drive stopped working. had to get my drive replaced. though i now feel bios update had nothing to do with the drive going bad.

hi
the USB port at the back of 220bx is the way it should be the USB cable doesn't have identical ends.
You can very well connect 2 PCs with the 220bx (one with USB and other with LAN) just remember to enable the DHCP in 220bx.
To enable DHCP goto http://192.168.1.1/ click on LAN and then enable DHCP, save/reboot.:)

Thanks all for helping me with this. The internet works fine on both! However, now I have another problem. Why can't I access one computer from another? Both share the same workgroup, diff names, diff ip s. Are there some more settings to do? Appreciate any help.

good that you got things working.access one computer from another!i think you talk about file sharing right?For sharing files you need to enable file/printer sharing in your network adaptor and then share indivisual locations on both computers. Provide sharing rights. In XP you need to turn off simple file sharing to get more advance options available. folder options>>View tab>>uncheck use simple file sharing. You should also be able to find plenty of help from the help and support within windowsxp. or maybe you can google it for more defined instructions.:thumb: good luck.

Yeah I did try the usual file sharing, was wondering whether theres some setting on the router I need to do..anyway, heres another problem :redface:. I got a 15 m Cat5e cable to connect my system and the 220bx. However, theres no network access! Is there a max length involved with the n/w cable?

From Wiki....Category 5 cable
Category 5e

Cat 5e cable is an enhanced version of Cat 5 that adds specifications for far end crosstalk. It was formally defined in 2001 in the TIA/EIA-568-B standard, which no longer recognizes the original Cat 5 specification. Although 1000BASE-T was designed for use with Cat 5 cable, the tighter specifications associated with Cat 5e cable and connectors make it an excellent choice for use with 1000BASE-T. Despite the stricter performance specifications, Cat 5e cable does not enable longer cable distances for Ethernet networks: cables are still limited to a maximum of 100 m (328 ft) in length (normal practice is to limit fixed ("horizontal") cables to 90 m to allow for up to 5 m of patch cable at each end). Cat 5e cable performance characteristics and test methods are defined in TIA/EIA-568-B.2-2001.
:)

Yeah I did try the usual file sharing, was wondering whether theres some setting on the router I need to do..
anyway, heres another problem :redface:. I got a 15 m Cat5e cable to connect my system and the 220bx. However, theres no network access! Is there a max length involved with the n/w cable?

out of thread : For reference .
Firmware update may be too old/or link removed.
Airtel Broadband North---------Modem Drivers
Contains downloads for full range of Airtel old modems / drivers etc.
Full user manual listing all Advanced functions of Beetel220BX ( PDF file)

out of thread : For reference .
Firmware update may be too old/or link removed.
Airtel Broadband North---------Modem Drivers
Contains downloads for full range of Airtel old modems / drivers etc.
Full user manual listing all Advanced functions of Beetel220BX ( PDF file)

Thanks essbebe...however most of the info on this site is quite old and they havent updated it for ages... but that's airtel for u.. :wall:

I thought the Advanced 220BX manual download will be useful to all, before it also disappears or removed by Geocities. Landed there searching for Xavi 7005Q USB modem USB driver but found the link missing. After web search appears/seems Fujitsu FDX340 driver may be suitable. Downloaded from a UK site, to respond to another query in this forum. Still some useful information available in the link given.

darn airtel! the usb connection disconnects too frequently. is there any solution for this?

Back