beetel 220bxi

• Thread starter Thread starter sarathmenon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 14,168

sarathmenon

ISP
Airtel
Hello All,This is my first post to the forum. I had been a happy user of the D-Link 502T for quite some time, but it died on me recently. Airtel offered to exchange it for the beetel 220bxi,at which I was first surprised. I'll summarize this story by saying that opening the router config page quickly dashed my enthusiasm :) After spending a painful couple of hours getting used to the modem and restoring my previous setup, I am still left with a couple of questions, which I was hoping you wizards might be able to help me with.1) This modem does not allow me to set static dhcp leases. I keep my wireless open (no encryption) so it is absolutely essential for me to seperate my trusted and untrusted computers. I've been poking on, both in the telnet/web interfaces, and on udhcp mailing lists for a way, but I've seen nothing so far.2) The firmware runs udhcp instead of dnsmasq. While I am not religious about which dhcp server I use, dnsmasq had a nice advantage of doubling up as my local dns server too. Is there anyway I can get that type of a setup working?3) The device clearly runs linux. How much of the sources has beetel released? Has anyone successfully been able to replace this crippleware with openwrt?4) This again is me being pampered by openwrt, but has anyone got a dyndns client or an ntp server working with this router?

yes you answer is no one.and you can't do what all you look to do with beetel 220Bx1.Better to buy another router for your self.:)

yes you answer is no one.
and you can't do what all you look to do with beetel 220Bx1.
Better to buy another router for your self.:)

I am slowly getting the feeling that this is a very basic device in terms of what it will let me do. I'd still love to tinker with it just for the sake of it. Even if I do screw this one up, I doubt whether it'll end up a worser brick :) Airtel used to offer modems from other companies AFAIR. Have they stopped it entirely, after beetel started making modems?

@sarathmenon
had been a happy user of the D-Link 502T for quite some time, but it died on me recently.
Even if I do screw this one up,

Now it is the turn for Beetel 220BX1(one).!
Please post one problem at a time.
Say for example I want to Use Tomato firmware on Beetel220BX1
This is too much for novices like me, and cannot learn much.
I keep my wireless open (no encryption)
Now, which is the additional WIFI router you use ?
or you have "modified " the Beetel Modem220BX1 successfully to give wireless network ?
See this web site
Welcome to Beetel Modems
for details of different Beetel modem specifications etc, whether the facility you need availble in any modem.

Cool, have you tried using openwrt on this device?
Now, which is the additional WIFI router you use ?
or you have \"modified \" the Beetel Modem220BX1 successfully to give wireless network ?

Ha, the wireless router is a Linksys 300N and is separate from this device. Forgot to mention it. I love the thought of modding hardware, but I am hardly at the skill level needed to add a wireless ap to the router ;)
See this web site
Welcome to Beetel Modems
for details of different Beetel modem specifications etc, whether the facility you need availble in any modem.
That is painfully blank on any "advanced" features. I did RTFM before posting, but as I said nothing much turned up :)

From my post at No 4.
This is too much for novices like me, and cannot learn much
You have extracted in Your Post No 5.
And your question :
Cool, have you tried using openwrt on this device
My answer:
Why should I ? No need SO FAR.
Please do a Google search and find out in which devices openwrt can be used.

My answer:
Why should I ? No need SO FAR.
Please do a Google search and find out in which devices openwrt can be used.

Time to turn on my troll filter. If you do not have anything useful to add, why waste 10 minutes of yours typing that post, and the time of countless others who read it?

I wish to mod my device. Its mine, I purchased it and I have the right to bang it on a wall, smash it with a hammer or mod it in anyway that I see fit. It may not be how you wish to see it, but the decision about what to do with my router is mine. This is a forum for indian broadband users, and as I see it, this is the best place for me to ask my questions to a demography that might have come across my use case. If you do not like it, please find some other post to troll away.

Sarath don't think essbebe said anything rude.Please calm down.He mostly answers all questions from very noobish ones to innovative ones like yours. Like you said you have the right to put any question on a neutral forum like this, similarly every indivisual is free to respond in a manner which seems best to him.b/w i'm interested in finding some mod for beetel 220bx like you.So if you do find it please share.:)

I dont use any of the hardware u use.\nBut I have to use open wifi as well -so disabled broadcasting ssid & setup access list based on mac address. Your wifi route will have these options.\nbeetle bb220x ransbusybox, I havent used this modem in a year now, the older beelte was based on broadcom chipset. I would suggest u open it up. And check if openwrt supports it.

Back