beetel 220bxi

• Thread starter Thread starter sarathmenon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 14,168
Sorry for the flamish post, looking back it looks awful and more harsh than I intended it to be. Also, I've been doing some research on it, and alternate firmware is not much of a possibility. Their wiki doesn't say good things about the chipset, which is a Broadcom BCM6338 V1.0. So it looks like I am stuck with this device :(

Yeah yeah, I am a cheap bastard who can't afford a new router ;)

@mac Thanks. !Now I have lost interest in Tomato and Potato !@sarathmenon is too polite in comparison to other postings , concerning me .He has missed one critical point "Novices like me" in my post. May be he thought he is answering a Doctorate in Modem designs/applications.. I think more people have added my name to the "IGNORE" list in this Forum. Good for them ! Keeps BP normal !

Btw is this new 220bxi one with wifi?Erm.. maybe... should stop usin my old 220bx as agarbatti stand & have airtel upgrade it.

@sushubh
Will enquire at Airtel tomorrow and confirm.
Hardware charges .......................Modem. Router ....Wifi
Registration charges ( Non refundable )500......1000 ...... 1000
Purchase ......................................1500......2500 ..... 2500
Rental ( per month )........................Nil ...........NA ........Nil
8Mbps is available in selective areas in Delhi , Guragon & Noida.

@pita No Wifi. Only addition "Client TR 069" in 220BX1(one)
Since the board is same , I think @demigod has extracted
the Firmware version. Will update info.

ah right it was 1500 bucks...

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I didn't think my noob query merited a fresh thread. My wonderful ZyXEL Prestige router died, and Airtel replaced it with a Beetel BXI router. After configuration, I went looking for the SNMP configuration tool, but didn't find it. (I use a network monitoring/reporting tool which queries the modem using SNMP.)The specifications page for the Beetel BX router clearly states support for SNMP ver.1 & 2. So am I missing something here? Or is the BXI a model where this is crippled? Any suggestions how to handle this? Needless to say, the browser based configuration interface does not list SNMP among the protocols. Just FTP, TFTP, TELNET, HTTP, ICMP. No luck through the telnet interface either.Would appreciate any help I can get.

Type 192.168.1.1/main.html.
see under Management.
Check your Device status details.
Mine 110BX1(one) seems old model being given as new !
Imported from China Manufacture date Jan 2008.
http://i33.tinypic.com/fwrosw.jpg
Board ID: 96338L-2M-8M
Software Version: 3.12L.01.A2pB023k.d20k_rc2
Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.37-12.1
Para two:
Ask AirtelCC to replace the modem explaining your need/s.
i6.tinypic.com/6ur7rd3.jpg access control old 220BX or 220BX1 (one)page.
shows SNMP.

Thanks, essbebe,Here are my device specs...Board ID: 96338L-2M-16MSoftware Version: V8.11.01.01 Firmware Version: 3.06L.05.A2pB021g.d19d (this is reported as the software version if I use the main.html/Device Info link)Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.37-6.8The board seems the same as yours, barring the 16MB memory which is probably consistent with the ADSL2 rating.The software version seems a different dot version, though. Could updating the software or firmware 'restore' the SNMP service?

If you are confident you can upgrade the Firmware.
Download the FW to say C:/ibf beetel FW
Call Airtel CC with some complaint.Ask the engr( technician ) assistance to UPGd.
Probably he will try and then replace the modem !
Some have done it successfully. I mean the Firmware update.

Router Firmwares - India Broadband Wiki

Beetel 220BX Firmware Board ID: 96338L-2M-8M Software Version: 3.04L.01.A2pB021c.d16m Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.37-4.3 - India Broadband Wiki

Beetel 220 Bx Firmware 3.12L.01.A2pB023k.d20k rc2 - India Broadband Wiki

Back