Best Antivirus Application - Suite

• Thread starter Thread starter ogtripleog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 611
  • Views Views 152,443
nod32 doesnt have firewall and internet security right??i was thinking of changing from kaspersky internet security. i dont think nod32 has internet security, so ill have to stick with kaspersky.@apoorv- are you using kaspersky internet security or only antivirus?is it more light on resources than previous version 6.0?

Dude NOD32 does have internet security it has both an http real time scanner and outlook scanner and if u get eset smart security suite it has a built in firewall

Shit !!! am i the only one who has purchased Kaspersky V6 1 yr subscription for peace of mind ?? :ashamed: But watta hell i say its worth my money :thumb:

If you do not use ADSL router in bridge mode, then you can do just fine without a firewall.

Hmm..u r relatively safe as far as inbound access is concerned..wat happens when some trojan/spyware installs itself when u are browsing some site? ..router will not prevent it from accessing the net..with a software firewall..it would warn u in most cases..

Yaa router will not stop outbound connections. It all depends on your appetite for risk and resources you are willing to allocate to Firewall and other security related software. For my home PC, I am always trying to remove things that will help me in saving RAM.

Shit !!! am i the only one who has purchased Kaspersky V6 1 yr subscription for peace of mind ?? :ashamed:

But watta hell i say its worth my money :thumb:
errr......you actually purchase softwares?:confused::p
but yeah, it surely is great.:thumbsup:

i thought abt going that ways. then i found wubi. i think i can indeed switch to linux full time... 3 days done with no major hassles.

are you using kaspersky internet security or only antivirus?is it more light on resources than previous version 6.0?

I'm using the antivirus, the Internet security suite is useless.

About the antivirus, it isn't lighter, but I must say that the proactive defense is certainly much better than in v6. You can download the Beta version from their FTP. Use the activation code given in the activation_code.txt on the FTP.

Dude NOD32 does have internet security it has both an http real time scanner and outlook scanner

and if u get eset smart security suite it has a built in firewall

isnt that a beta? well i dont mind, ill download and see. :)

Back