Best Antivirus Application - Suite

• Thread starter Thread starter ogtripleog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 611
  • Views Views 152,443
I had been using Kaspersky for a long time. Then I switched to Nod32 as I'd heard that it was lighter. So light, in fact, that it failed to detect anything on my pc at max. security settings despite there being all signs of an infection (repeated crashes and so on). Frustrated, I did an online Kaspersky scan and that setected the infection allowing me to delete the files and avoid a re-format. After that experience, I'm back to using Kaspersky :)

I'm using the antivirus, the Internet security suite is useless.
Isn't the Internet Security suite the same thing as the Antivirus but with added firewall capabilites? If so, how is it useless?:redface:

You want to have a burger with a chilled coke. You give an order for one. Notice that you'll have the bruger as well as the coke simultaneously, I mean to say a bite of the burger + a sip of coke, which means they will ultimately mix somewhere (in your stomach). Now what if I give you a burger dipped for 3 hours in chilled coke? You call that an added capability? I call the 'fizz burger' useless.This wasn't just another stupid real life analogy. Firewalls and antiviruses are two different things, which require a different skill to develop. Kaspersky has the highest detection rate in the world, that doesn't mean that their firewall will be cool too. On the other hand, it doesn't mean that there firewall has to be bad if their antivirus is good. KIS is heavyweight, and it tries to control a lot more than just the security of your computer. Try it out, and know yourself.

Uh. Do you realize that the additional features can be disabled and re-enabled whenever you want, thus cutting down on the bloat. This makes it the equivalent of a burger with a coke of which, if you would so want, you can throw away either of the two, thus cutting down on the amount of cholestrol laden junk food going down your gullet (the bloat, see!). Try it out, and know yourself.

i must be the only dude in the world to have a crawling system with 1 gig ram. ;)
Lol:hysterical::hysterical:

I use Kaspersky Internet Security and AVG both .

I also find that Zone alarm is also good .I use it for only few days .

Uh oh both Kaspersky Internet Security and AVG and u even tried Zone alarmParanoid about computer security ? :wall::wall::wall::wall:

Uh oh both Kaspersky Internet Security and AVG and u even tried Zone alarm

Paranoid about computer security ? :wall::wall::wall::wall:

Somewhat ..I have found that many times some Viruses etc are not detected by KIS ,but are detected by AVG(Both of them a updated) .

I found that Ad -Aware Se sometime finds spyware etc which are not find by others .I didn't mention about this,but I was using NIS and NAV for about 4 years before I started using KIS.I used Nod32 and Windows Defender(Sucks big time )for about a week .

I should stop now :P

in b/w

I use nod32 and adaware myself but i never keep them running because my computer is from the mughal era so it runs slowly i just scan when i feel something is wrong and trust me most of the times its not these two but hijackthis which helps me

i guess it was not considered good enough to be in the consideration. but looking at the norton 360 reviews. it might get its own entry in the future versions! :D

I voted for Kaspersky...Though if only talking about AntiVirus, then NOD32 and Kaspersky is head to head, where as to me Kaspersky gets the age with its Security suite, KIS !!In India KIS and NOD32 is available with in Rs. 1500/- but as KIS comes with loads of gr8 security, i would prefer KIS over NOD32 !!! as they cost same, where as in some place u will find KIS cheaper than NOD32 :)

Back