Best Firewall Application - Suite

• Thread starter Thread starter snpexim
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 105
  • Views Views 56,488
We have network of 15 PCs. I am in search of some nice freeware firewall for this network.Anyone can please suggest me ?Operating system is Windows 2003 Server and Cable Internet connection of 256 Kbps is there.Please help me out.

zonealarm, kerio are the two recommended ones. not sure if they support the server editions. maybe you can just setup a decent firewall on the server that manages all the computers.

I too am interested in finding a firewall... Zonealarm has been giving me a lot of problem lately. I am not sure whether it is a conflict with Task Scheduler or what, but the True Vector Service keeps f***ing up, and I have to restart my system. Lately also it sometimes blocks the internet randomly. So is there any other secure alternative (for free that is)?

Thanks for reply, but Zonealarm does not support server edition. Any other suggestion?please

uh? I was not recommending ZoneAlarm... I was complaining about it. Anyway, I've moved to Comodo Firewall, which is working very well for me. Not sure if it supports server edition, but you can find that out.

Best firewall is the one provided in router!! However you are using cable net provider so better ask them.

Try Bit defender's own firewall. it is a complete package... and work really well. Bit Defender is right now No.1 Antivirus, and their FW is one of the best. if you are paranoid, use BlackICE. it has intrusion detection system too. Hacking attempts will be thawed ... u will be safe.-pranKster.

Norton Internet Security application found to have an ActiveX control bugSymantec has said that their Norton Internet Security product has a security flaw in an ActiveX control which could enable a remote hacker to take over the system.The company has labeled this bug a “medium” risk. U.S.-CERT has stated that this bug is critical enough [...]

Symantec Norton Personal Firewall 2004 ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow Bug

Comodo Firewall Pro Named One of Top 15 Free Security ProgramsComputerWorld.com Touts Firewall Pro’s EffectivenessComodo, a global leader in Identity and Trust Assurance Management solutions, Firewall Pro was named one of the “Top 15 Free Security Programs” by Computerworld.com. The article, written in light of increasing online security threats, recommends fifteen great software solutions, that [...]

Comodo Firewall Pro Named One of Top 15 Free Security Programs

Hi all,I m the new member of the forum. I need yr help, plz tell me how can I hide my computer from my office networks actually they r monitoring my pc and also watching what I m doing on internet . so plz tell me how can I defeat the firewall . I am using 2k prof.. (os) and also I have administrative rights. My network server is 2003 server. Plz reply. Raj

Back