Best Firewall Application - Suite

• Thread starter Thread starter snpexim
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 105
  • Views Views 56,488
hmmm... even if you do have a hardware firewall.. your better of in also using a software firewall :)i use norton internet security .. :)ya ya ya used em all... but well still like to stick to norton though

zone on win98sewindows xp default firewall on winxp64

windows XP sp2 firewall is a joke !!!!!!!!!!it blocks every program which u install on ur comp eg games, softwares etc while it grants full access all viruses :P .i'm winXP firewall along with McAfee personal firewal 7.1 .

Mr. Gaurav7777,u must review Zonealarm again.In my view it is one of the best.If u understand the purpose of firewall and the features.

waise zonelabs firewall is good but the only prob i had was it blocked each and every process on my comp, even processes which i din even know existed :P .So its good but not for me, as i sed i prefer mcafee

za is gud but ure rite the os firewall is so interfering.. especially wen ure playin a game full screen and ur comp hangs for like ten minutes only to minimize to desktop wid dat fu**er askin u whether u wanna allow nvidia driver to communicate wid explorer.exe i mean hellloooo.. wtf bt dat said its da only firewall ive setup successfully to allow all my p2p apps to work... had big problems wid sygate.. so im stickin wid it.. and besides i adjusted the security level slider and got rid of the os firewall

and one more thing ZA once blocked my router page too. it was just not opening i was getting "page cannot be displayed" when i entered 192.168.1.1.The problem was solved as soon as i uninstalled that piece of horse crap.

i had used za once. the firewal was quite good but yes it was annoying. also i didnt like the antivirus at all.right now im using pc-cillin internet security 2006. liked the program as a whole. does a good job. firewall is also quite good. it doesnt bother me at all and most importantly for users like me, it doesnt use up much memory.am happy with it. :)

Hii am using 1mbps dataone from BSNL.we use UT-300R modem (given by BSNL)anybody know how to set the firewall & port blocking on thispl give detailsrgdsSiva

I have the same modem with Zone Alarm Pro firewall, and using various P2P softwares without any issues. And I didn't have to worry about any port blocking or anything so far.....

Back