Best Firewall Application - Suite

• Thread starter Thread starter snpexim
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 105
  • Views Views 56,488
OK, I've figured it out as to how to configure the ADSL modem UT300R , but do it at your own peril......
(I use WinXP so this is wjat I did...)

1) Open 'Network Connections' form Control Panel
2) Right click on 'Local Area Connection' (the one that is pointing to the LAN connection with the ADSL modem)
3)In the 'General' Tab select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click 'Properties' button
4)In the Dialog box, select 'Use the following IP address' radio button if not already selected.
5) Put 192.168.1.11 in IP Address
6) Put 255.255.255.0 in the Subnet Mask
7) Put 192.168.1.1 in the Default getway
8) Put your ISP's DNS addresses in the DNS server addresses (get them with ipconfig /all from command prompt).
9) Hit OK and close.

Now Open your browser and browse http://192.168.1.1
A logon screen should appear, the ID is 'admin' and pass is 'utstar' (case sensitive)

Now you have the MODEM configuration page from where you can do ur stuff like enabling firewall etc..(and port forwarding perhaps....) :) :)

....But I can't understand most of the parameters and options....so didn't try them. I request help from the Networking Gurus of this forum.......

I am looking to buy a Motolrola External modem with firewall (Model SBG900 or 1000) that comes with an external firewall.can not find a dealer in delhi.Already called up few chaps in Nehru place.Not sure where to go for it.Calls to Motorola office in Banglore goes un attanded.any help is highly appreciated.also how much it cost appx.?

1st of all sorry to bump this topic upwell i have Mtnl triband with the UTStarcom adsl routerwell i went through is contol panel i dont see any firewall options

type 192.168.1.1/main.html into ur browser. Click "advanced setup" >> "security" from the left hand side options menu and u will have the firewall settings before u.

I would like to add another name to the aready long list:
Comodo Firewall - www.personalfirewall.comodo.com
Its free - requires you to enter a free activation code(which usually ends up in the bulk folder if you have Yahoo Mail)
I would recomment AVG Antivirus+ Spybot Search & Destroy+Ewido Anti-Spyware+Comodo Firewall as the best free security combo.
Ewido runs a fully functional trial version for 30 days after which some features are disabled(like active sheild)

comodo also has a free antivirus application. i tried to use their firewall antivirus combo but they consumed way too many resources for my taste.

i dont have windows but i would say may be u should enable windows firewall. modem firewall and stop using IE. start using firefox. and use clamwin antivirus. and firefox extension for clamwin.

well i was kinda a lil spooked to see that no one mentionedBITDEFENDER :oman its the best Fiewall + anitvirus out thereits low on resources tooits awesome n can detect a virus or syware @ once :D :D

Back