Best Firewall Application - Suite

• Thread starter Thread starter snpexim
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 105
  • Views Views 56,488
so.. u have 1 port open between the ports 1-1056?god knows how many more between the other ranges.. i wouldn't be too happy if i were u..

it doesn't matter how many ports are open if no application is receiving or sending data over that port.to exploit a port the service running on that port must be exploited first & if no service is running on that port then there is almost no chance to exploit.i always keep a tab on what services are running on which ports & i don't feel the need to install a firewall yet.i know using a firewall is recommended but unless you have some malicious application running on your system which i don't i can manage without a firewall.also most exploited services are that of microsoft & if you keep your system updated with security updates there are very less chances of exploiting unless you are some very lucrative target which i am not being an ordinary user i can manage without firewall.btw the 1 open port i have can not be exploited now as microsoft released a patch for that in 2006.

mod: pls feel free to shift this post a suitable category, if this is not the right category to post this***************************************I have my own company with 5 employeesI need recommendations for a Hardware Firewall applicance which have good Internet Content FilterI need to block certain things for my employees but the same should be available to meFor eg: all chat programs like yahoo/gtalk/icq/msn/aim and some "URL sites or keywords (configurable)" should be banned for my employees but should be open to mei.e it should be able to create Filters based upon Profiles (one profile for employees and seperate profile for me, i need atleast 3 profiles)I have internet lines from 2 ISP, that hardware device should have 2 WAN port that should do load balancing between 2 ISPLAN port can be 4 (i can uplink to my existing switch)Should be only one time hardware buy, no monthly or yearly subscription OR no software client to install in the client PCcan't figure out what product to buy from D-Link, Netgear, Linksys or ??Budget less than Rs 12000any techie can help me out in selecting a device thats available in India? thanks in advance

Well i just installed comodo firewall pro,i have my router bridged but after i restarted i tried to connect i got an error saying cannot connect "tcp/ip cannot allocate in registry", i disabled the firewall but its of no use.Only after uninstalling , the connection managed to connect bit reinstalling gives the same error.....i need this firewall badly..its free and one the best help ....:wall:

Problem : Installing Comodo firewall program.
/members/vkam2000/
Q1 :Mention your modem make. How you connect to Internet ?
Q2 :Using "Bridged" wanminport dialer or "AlwaysOn" ppp?PpPOE mode ?
Q3 After installing the Comodo Firewall program did you set default settings ?
Para two :tcp/ip cannot allocate in registry
Q4 : this error message by Windows or by Comodo?
Q5:the connection managed to connect
Post ipconfig/all
Start RUN type cmd type ipconfig/all

I myself has been using Comodo Firewall (before getting my broadband connection). I am fully satisfied with the performance of Comodo and never faced any problems. You may post your problem at the Comodo Support SIte/Forum. Also try going through its FAQ page.

Yes even i have tried Comodo and its a nice firewall..but i have got a few problems, like i have problems while doing voice chats in Yahoo although skype works fine...

Comodo Pro PLUS service optimizes the performance of any PCs plus the 30 day Free Trial period eliminates customer risk Jersey City, NJ, August 20, 2008 - Comodo, a leading Internet security company, recently announced that its Comodo Firewall Pro PLUS service is designed to help improve a computer’s performance which makes it particularly useful for [...]

Comodo Firewall Pro Plus Gives Computers A Fresh Start As Students Head Back To School

use spygate person firewall pro.i will help you dude. present iam using this firewall. i dint get any problem from this.best of luckgopiram:)

Back