Best Antivirus Application - Suite

• Thread starter Thread starter ogtripleog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 611
  • Views Views 152,441
it is actually designed to be very light on the system.

there is one slight issue though. it works best when you are connected to the internet.

though they have made the offline engine strong enough and works great offline as well.

definitely worth checking out.

free and legal. and tests have shown that it is very good at detecting malware.

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

DOWNLOAD FREE ANTIVIRUS - The first free cloud antivirus against viruses - CLOUD ANTIVIRUS
Editor’s Choice - Best Free AV | Panda Cloud Antivirus
ICSALabs Certifies Cloud Antivirus | Panda Cloud Antivirus
Cloud Antivirus Free Blocks Adobe 0-day | Panda Cloud Antivirus

i just have two recommendations right now.

cloud antivirus for mmm machines where you cannot install microsoft security essentials.

microsoft security essentials for everything else.

+1 to that..! MSE works just awesome.. so is cloud technology.

add sandboxie to that and you are golden! as for the firewall i just enabled the outbound filtering on my 7... completely silent and i just add the exceptions to it for apps wanting to access the net-it was a bit of work in the beginning but now working like a charm. :)

Not to forget running as a standard user with a password protected admin acc. 7 has just made it way too easy to run as a limited user without encountering any problems because of UAC-the UAC popup has the password field for the admin account.

Last edited by a moderator:
as long as microsoft does not prompt the user to create a limited account by default.... it is simply not going to work.

but people can, and many have, decide for themselves...

folks who have no idea about limited accounts are the one who become target of malware attacks.

folks who have no idea about limited accounts are the one who become target of malware attacks.

agree with you.. it was a bigger problem with XP.. equivalent even with 7/vista who disable UAC (sadly being recommended by many sites) for the sake of getting rid of popups.

still remember those shady sites and illegal apps (my n00b days)... and those autorun malware off USB drives. these have become a thing of the past for me though. ;)

first thing i do after installing windows 7 is to disable UAC. most people do not EVEN READ the messages. they just click the button which is more likely to allow them to proceed.

well do what suits you... if someone is gonna click yes anyways then better to get it disabled altogether. but then we go ahead and blame microsoft for an insecure OS...

because just giving random popups does not increases the security of your app. if the OS is secure by nature, you do not have to deliver popups. never had to see any such popups on mac os x. ubuntu of course has a similar problem. where it requires you to put in a password for pretty much any system change. i am not blaming microsoft here. but the whole concept behind UAC is flawed. if the user was smart enough to work with UAC, he would be smart enough to know what he is doing with his machine.

Well personally i have it on for others like my sister to stop them from infecting the machine as a last line of defence. Hence a mere clicking yes will not let malware run with admin privileges, it will ask for the admin password which she won't have. and this too is only a last line of defense anyways, most are just detected beforehand-those from the flash drives.
As for me i can even run my system without an av... god it would be nice :)... but yes the major concern remains that its the end user's habits and knowhow which decide for his/her own security.

But UAC will be good for those times when a security flaw with some app is exploited in which the malware could be stopped/limited with the UAC.

Back