Best Antivirus Application - Suite

• Thread starter Thread starter ogtripleog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 611
  • Views Views 152,440
i use mcafee virus scan enterprise 8.0 i with firewall , . works like a dream . silent , quiet ...i also use a antispyware .and i do not run untrusted files. :Dsometimes just good common sense is enough than a better antivirus .

I was infected with some trojan .exe file when i had NOD32 and installed a trojafied version of DC++ , Kaspersky detected it with the monthly scan, I downloaded it on what i thought was a safe place... download.com :blink: Today we got network worms and rootkit , backdoors{ forget about old DOS and MACRO viruses } the question should be if your AV will stop the next major worm outbreak, and for just an example NOD32, Bitdefender, Kaspersky has either very good response time or good Heuristics.I don't use much common sense on web ....... I know it's of no use :)

i own a Nokia n-gage QD . i m currently using simworks version v1.1.8 .is it good or should i switch over to f-secure. also i wanted to know where i can get an antivirus for my dad's cell which is a nokia 7710.desperately need it as my dad uses a wireless headset................

I have an antivirus, "CASPERSKY" installed in my computer. I heard that the "NORTON ANTYVIRUS" is the best antivirus of this time. Is it true and do I need to change my antivirus?

I use norton 2005 and am satisfied..but there are others also that are good...some time back used panda to repair a virus which norton failed to repair.

norton is sooo sloooooowwwwww.....!!11

right...norton is slowspecialy on some machines NAV2005 sucks...but still solid protection against virus...try AVG for fast scanning..

If u want minimal performance loss and great protection(better than norton according to reviews) and very fast scans (scanned 20GB in 12min) get NOD32. Finally got fed up of norton crippling my machine and got rid of it. On my comp NOD32 never takes up more than 15-20MB of ram (can go down to 2MB even sometimes) and new definitions are available more than once a day even at times.But if u have the latest hardware go for Kaspersky. It currently offers the best protection but be prepared for longer scan times.

their is nothing like the best scanner. the one which can rescue you in time of trouble is the best for that particular event. for an antivirus, i had suggest SAV. for fully functional solution i had suggest zonealarm security suite.

ohh ya i vouch for nod32!!!! it does the job really well and great performance booost too :)but then it gives me problems with bit tornado .. and afaik that`s the way it is with nod32 .so alas i`m with norton 2006 now !lol

Back