Best low budget tablet?

I have finally purchased a DOMO Slate N9 SE for Rs. 6,990. It's worth the price, loving the experience till now.

The device specs are pretty solid for it's price, 1GHz (can be over-clocked to 1.5GHz but I don't know how to do that) Cortex A10 processor with 512MB RAM. 5MP front facing camera, 5 point capacitive touch screen. The video playback is amazing, but the sound is little low. Haven't tested HDMI output yet. Currently it has Android 2.3 and can be upgraded to 4.0 ICS.

The only issue I have is that it does not support my dongle (Huawei K3765). It supports only Huawei E173 but that issue is also solved as one of my very good friends has purchased a new MiFi and is giving his old one to me.
The only disappointment is that it does not come with a case or a cover. I need to purchase it, DOMO has some awesome ones but are priced around Rs. 1,000. I haven't purchased any of them yet but I'm sure I'll purchase them within a week from the DOMO retail store itself.

The piece is very slim and looks very good. The weight is also on the lower side. All in all I am very satisfied. Currently I am busy learning new stuff about it and I'll post a full review very soon.

BTW guys I have one doubt - This tablet will be used by my entire family (mom, dad and me), and not by me alone. I have synced my Google Account with it, and I am receiving mails. How do I stop receiving mails on it. In short, I just want my GMail ID to be used for Market, nothing else.

I too purchased a similar tablet for my eReading needs, called Veedee D10, which is actually a rebranded Ployer Momo9. And it's not Cortex A10 processor, but an Allwinner A10 SoC, based on ARM Cortex A8 coupled with Mali400 GPU.

You can go to Accounts and Sync -> Your Gmail Account -> and untick what you don't want to be synced.

Thanks for helping on the email issue. Thanks a lot.BTW although I am getting a Mi-Fi, I still wanna trying my dongle. Is there any way to somehow install Huawei K3765 drivers in it? The tablet has a direct USB 2.0 port.

Thanks for helping on the email issue. Thanks a lot.

BTW although I am getting a Mi-Fi, I still wanna trying my dongle. Is there any way to somehow install Huawei K3765 drivers in it? The tablet has a direct USB 2.0 port.

Well, android tablets supports only a limited models of USB modems. In Huawei, it supports some devices having the model number starting with 'E', couldn't find your model number in the 'supported list'. f you do find a way to inject the drivers, it may need rooting and playing around with system files, which could become messy.

Just give it a shot by connecting it to the USB port. If it is supported by any chance, it would automatically dial up and get connected within 2 minutes.

Although the mailing issue is sorted, I think I should create a new Google account for this tablet and let my personal Google account be private.

How do I completely remove my Google Account and replace it by a new one?

I think you would need a factory reset kind of thing :|

----------

Also any apps that you have bought would be associated with that ID, hence you need to take account that you may loose that.

When I click on Remove Account I get a message saying something similar to 'This account is already in use with some applications.... blah blah blah'. What shall I do?

Back