Best Web Browser

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 548
  • Views Views 111,483
:D .

I have been trying out Opera over the past week or so (9.24). It is a nice browser - seems fast, shows page sizes, statistics, progress etc. But I would prefer firefox over it because of the following reasons -1. Non-intrusive search.I don't like modal or even non-modal boxes popping up in the centre of the screen. Firefox is brilliant in this regard.2. Spell checkOpera requires you to download GNU Aspell. Fine, I do that. But it does not check for errors automatically. And a separate window pops up, again.3. Cleaning upOnce I set up privacy settings in Firefox, it cleans up everything in a single click. Opera pops up another box.I don't think I have missed any settings that fix any of the above problems. If something else needs to be done, I would be happy to hear about it.

1. Non-intrusive search.I don't like modal or even non-modal boxes popping up in the centre of the screen. Firefox is brilliant in this regard.use . key2. Spell checkOpera requires you to download GNU Aspell. Fine, I do that. But it does not check for errors automatically. And a separate window pops up, again.yeah yeah. firefox's spell checker is great. 3. Cleaning upOnce I set up privacy settings in Firefox, it cleans up everything in a single click. Opera pops up another box.you can tell it to clean up stuff on closing down the browser. same as in firefox.alt-p, cookies/historyyou want to see what opera makes it easy compared to firefox?zooming in and out is awesome. + -press f12 to get access to settings FAST.it's imap and pop email client is pretty impressive. it's rss reader is pretty useful.it does irc out of the box.it does nntp too :Pyou have shortcuts to switch between show image, show cached image, show no image.you have shortcuts to disable css in a webpage which comes handy while reading content with too many distractions around.you can download voice features to control it with ur voice :Pyou can also read WAP sites directly.u can use ERA to check the page optimized for the size of your screen :Dthe list is endless. you learn more every day ;)

Yep, the '.' works for the search.As for the closing the browser to clean up thing, is there something similar to the firefox - Clear Private Data - menu in Opera. The delete box always comes up (there was a similar problem in a previous firefox version - but that had something to do with clearing passwords)?------------------------------------Well, I am talking about climbing a simple staircase and you are providing information on how to climb Mt. Everest.

i used opera for a day but then switched back to FF. i suppose it didnt suit me.the reasons cud be that, the features u mentioned above are not used so frequently or infact not used at all.u dont set preferences everyday so no need of shortcutzoom is there in FF too, ctrl + and -imap / pop, its not the purpose of firefox.IRC / NNTP i dont use and may be many dont useonly feature that impressed opera over firefox is opening WAP sites. otherwise not my choice.

Back