Best Web Browser

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 548
  • Views Views 111,473
Opera has the least vulnerabilities, while Firefox has most! Hail Opera!!!

Firefox Tops Vulnerability List - InternetNews.com

there lies the problem.

mozilla firefox has fans because it has extension support.

would you stick with firefox without the support for all those extensions?

and with those extensions it becomes insecure.

so well. firefox is inherently insecure. and that is something that cannot be denied.

----------

i would like to see how many firefox 'fans' and 'users' would stick with it if extension support is removed.

firefox on its own would have few takers because it is not the fastest or the smoothest or the most compliant web browser in the market any more.

I for one, am a believer in simplistic browsers - with no fancy add ons. Opera scores very high for me on that front, since I get to do all my stuff without any hassle. FF also does the job but eats up my memory, which I do not like.

chrome: simple web browseropera: fully loaded internet suite firefox: wannabe ie: i also exist

well it is a fact that IE is a necessity in some corporate environments. and it is a necessity with some companies dumb enough to support it only for their online services. i think vodafone india site does not work on any other browser.

there lies the problem.

mozilla firefox has fans because it has extension support.

would you stick with firefox without the support for all those extensions?

and with those extensions it becomes insecure.

so well. firefox is inherently insecure. and that is something that cannot be denied.

----------

i would like to see how many firefox 'fans' and 'users' would stick with it if extension support is removed.

firefox on its own would have few takers because it is not the fastest or the smoothest or the most compliant web browser in the market any more.

Exactly my thoughts. Firefox is great because of its plugins (and I use Firefox for whatever does not open in Opera).

That said, Opera is loaded with most stuff you would look to plugins for in Firefox (ad blocking, skins, gestures, email...). It has been the pioneer on most features, and even then it is the least vulnerable - definitely an achievement.

When I don't need plugins, I use chrome - which is probably the fastest.I would agree that Firefox's main strength is the add-on support, but with some JS you can create your own add-ons.IMO, IE is the worst in the context of security. Implementation of the ActiveX Object sucks.EDIT: I don't use Chrome anymore, because there is no stable release for linux yet.

Back