Best Web Browser

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 548
  • Views Views 111,470
mmm hmm. i guess you do know that any copy of Windows 7 is fully functional copy (you can upgrade without reinstalling or installing anything on an existing installation) and you only get access to features that are connected to your serial number. so it does not really matter if the files are removed or not.

i still fail to understand if firefox with some 8 mb file can be better than ie8 why windows depends so much on its browser that it cannot run without it?

well a lot of third party components also rely on internet explorer availability on a windows machine. they take it for granted that a rendering engine is already available and they can just embed a browser window in their application to make it work. the damage has been done. the browser is an integral part of the operating system. at least on windows platform.

The best web browser is Firefox, but I suspect the best web engine is Bing. A lot of effort has gone into the presentation of Bing. If one is used to Google, then the search results of Bing can be annoying, very annoying. We generally look up the first search result in a web engine. The first few web engine results in Bing, and Google, are generally not the same. So, if one is used to certain results, then one does not find the results in Bing, as does one in Google. I don't see Google's hegemony being there for too long. There is a rule to web search. When one uses web search, one expects and likes to see similar results. That is why, people who use Yahoo, generally stick with Yahoo, for web searches. I only used to Google, in the past, but now I Bing, quite often.

i love firefox.. it beats opera hands down and the only gripe I have is the download manager.. it opens up even if i just save an image.. anyways firefox is the way to go
This is indeed a truth
The fredom that FIREFOX gives is vat makes it so speacial and no other browser can overcum it in any form

I use Firefox most of the time but seeing admin's enthusiasm for Opera, I will try it. I had used it some time ago but had some problems which I hope I can get solved here.

Mostly Firefox.
Reluctantly IE8 for netbanking.

Don't mean to pry, but which bank is involved? I don't have a problem with Citibank, HDFC Bank, and Axis Bank when using Opera or FF.

In FF 3.6 (and older versions), I could set a "background" colour instead of allowing pages to choose their own colours. (I do this because my eyes feel strained with a white background.) So I choose a greyish background. The (major or minor) disadvantage is that I don't get to see some buttons, drop-downs, etc. but if I need to I switch to the original page colours.In FF 3.6, the procedure is Tools > Options > Content > Colors > Here, Choose a Text colourChoose a background colourAndUncheck "Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above"Is there someway to achieve this with Opera?In Opera,There is an option called Author style versus User style but my attempts to use User style cause a total loss of page formatting.There is also a reverse mode which retains formatting and the style sheet but makes white black and vice versa. This would be very useful if I could tinker with it. Any advice, anyone? Please?

One more question on FF versus Opera:I understand that the adblock (add-on) in FF actually prevents material from being downloaded as opposed to being downloaded but not displayed. Is this correct? And is this the way Opera's "Blocked Content" works as well?Some pages ago, there was reference to a survey pointing out that FF was more "vulnerable" than Opera and part of the blame was put on the third-party add-ons and plug-ins.Does anyone know if AdBlock is / was one such contributor to the vulnerability? It's the only add-on I use.

Since the last few days , FF 3.6b2 on my PC has been crashing a lot , and everytime i get some script://lazarus.... error , its pretty annoying , its chrome for now , hopfully i can get adjusted to this permanently .

Back