Best Web Browser

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 548
  • Views Views 111,466
hah. you should play around with Chrome a bit more. in my personal experience. IE start up time is very slow. IE9 is expected to be a smashing browser. but i am pretty happy with Chrome-Opera setup.

Addons degrade performance of firefox...Opera works too slow for me...Chrome is very fast but am addicted to Mozilla firefox, using FF4.0 beta (Laptop) & FF3.6.8 (desktop)IE is the worst ever browser, good for nothing. I curse it everyday in the office where we are forced to use it :(

Chrome is fast compared to Firefox but i like firefox because of the wide variety of addons it offers.Chrome doesnt have all addons of firefox.Also For eg adblock works better on firefox than chrome.I do like chrome and use it but not as extensively as firefox.Forced to use IE on some net banking sites or else i would never use IE.

Also For eg adblock works better on firefox than chrome.

adblock on chrome block ads now. earlier it used to hide them.

Chrome extensions are becoming pretty powerful. Of course, Google is unlikely to make them as extensible as Firefox has let them... It just messes up the browsing experience for people who have no idea what they are doing installing all sort of apps.

It just messes up the browsing experience for people who have no idea what they are doing installing all sort of apps.
Yes, thats true :)
Last week I disabled lots of addons on FF, this improved the speed & other performance.

Ok, I did some note of timing with browser experience. I have Dell laptop with Win 7 Ultimate.Browser I used - Internet Explorer (IE), Firefox (FF), Chrome (Chr) & Opera (Opr).To load browser - 1st time after laptop power on/2nd time after closing & opening browserIE - 5 sec/2.4 secFF - 30 sec/6.5 secChr - 25 sec/2.2 secOpr - 36 sec/2.5 secOpening sites ndtv.com & youtube.comIE - 5.5 sec\8.1 secFF - 5.2 sec\6.0 secChr - 3.7 sec\3.3 secOpr - 8.8 sec\5.1 secI first thought of clearing Temp Internet files & cookies before noting time, but then I didnt as I thought lets time as per daily usage.So overall Chrome performance is good compared to all.

Ok, I did some note of timing with browser experience. I have Dell laptop with Win 7 Ultimate.
Browser I used - Internet Explorer (IE), Firefox (FF), Chrome (Chr) & Opera (Opr).
To load browser - 1st time after laptop power on/2nd time after closing & opening browser
IE - 5 sec/2.4 sec
FF - 30 sec/6.5 sec
Chr - 25 sec/2.2 sec
Opr - 36 sec/2.5 sec

Opening sites ndtv.com & youtube.com
IE - 5.5 sec\8.1 sec
FF - 5.2 sec\6.0 sec
Chr - 3.7 sec\3.3 sec
Opr - 8.8 sec\5.1 sec

I first thought of clearing Temp Internet files & cookies before noting time, but then I didnt as I thought lets time as per daily usage.
So overall Chrome performance is good compared to all.

After going this thread even i have started to download chrome...need to see whats the new thing it has as comapred to opera....

it took you 25 seconds to open chrome for the first time after boot? that is way too much time. :|

I apologise for providing data with older version of Chrome. Earlier I was using ver 3.X.X which took 25 sec to start. However after upgrading to ver 6.X.X it still takes 15 sec to start Chrome after booting. 2nd start is quite faster in 1~2 sec.

haha ok. the v6 was launched earlier today. a lot has changed since v3...i am on v7 through the dev channel.

Back