Best Web Browser

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 548
  • Views Views 111,463
haha. sucks then.

what you can do is try the MSI Installer. Google Chrome MSI Installer now available

you can always use portable chrome... Google Chrome Portable | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB drives

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

do contact your network administrator and ask him why is chrome updates disabled.

if he is a sensible person, he would give you a good answer.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

if you had installed chrome using the standalone installer, it might not get the automatic updates.

google runs a background process that keeps their own apps up to date automatically.

maybe you had disabled those processes.

This also didnt worked. MSI installer got blocked and site didnt open further. Standalone installer worked partially, but stopped with some error.

As I am at client's location and we are only authorised to use IE for our office tools, rest browsers are not allowed! Even for IE we are using IE7 which was upgraded by network resources and not by file from online.

Anyways I am not bothered for office PC, but I would like to have browser with best performance on my home laptop, but as I use only IE most of time, I am habituated to IE.

BTW anybody tried Epic Browser? I found that browser too slow & its menu flickers, and the last time I used, there was no update for it.

duh. forget epic.

Is there are globally abopted standards for judging the browsers, I think every organization adopted diffrent kind of standards to test their browsers eg. Microsoft is shouting more these days on hardware acceleration and some acid tests and comparing its IE9 beta to all others and IE9 is far ahead of others in this, 2nd they are saying that IE9 successfuly blocks many malwares.More over when we look for the tests conducted by some third party organization then they put xyz is fastest on one day and on other day same website is found claming that now abc browser is fastest just within a span of say 10-15 days so this is a endless debate and thus use what ever browser you like and stop thinking too much over such issues as diffrences among browsers are not too much.

Which is Fastest opening web browser.Considering that every (at least most) browsers open quickly when they are just installed. But the point is which browser use less memory and start quick.I am a firefox person.as when i tried Google Chrome it actually Crashed on first site I went to which was makeuseof.com :Pthat was a bad experience, so i just scraped it. (don't know its good now or not and just don't want to try)I like opera too but i dont use it as my primary browser just for comfort sake, because I am using firefox From years.... so its very comfortable for meBut it is awesome slow starter as it use almost 2000 KB-6000 KB and I don't have any addons except persona and page zoom

Back