Best Web Browser

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 548
  • Views Views 111,464
Upgraded just today? then my data was right :)Actually after your post, I checked version and did upgrade, then later again noted the time which came as 15 sec. But V6 looks lots better and has many new option under its Menu options.

nope. v3 is like ancient. i am not sure how you had that version of the chrome installed because google keeps it auto updated automatically...

Mine didnt auto update. Its only after I went to 'About' menu, it displayed Update available, and after I updated & restart Chrome, it displayed V6. Strange thing is for my office PC its V2. Its not getting update and shows error after sometime, as perhaps its blocked by our office network security, and I cannot even install using installer as even installer fails to install. So for my office PC I am stuck with V2 :(

haha. sucks then.

what you can do is try the MSI Installer. Google Chrome MSI Installer now available

you can always use portable chrome... Google Chrome Portable | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB drives

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

do contact your network administrator and ask him why is chrome updates disabled.

if he is a sensible person, he would give you a good answer.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

if you had installed chrome using the standalone installer, it might not get the automatic updates.

google runs a background process that keeps their own apps up to date automatically.

maybe you had disabled those processes.

installed chrome,i could find the start up is much faster than opera10,also webpages load much faster,but takes much of disk space around 123MB...

well it is very hard to calculate the exact space taken by different browsers. google does download a list of bad sites that are shown with warning when accessed... opera does the check online i believe. not sure about firefox. it also probably downloads some other components which take a lot of space on the disk.

no browser can beat IE8 security, If you are using any other browser for online money transaction other than IE8 than you may be in deep trouble. IE8 is capable of blocking most malware

argh. i am not sure if that was sarcasm or not. IE8 is safe because most sites are probably tested on Internet Explorer. IE8 is not the safest option because it is least likely to be the latest updated edition on user's machine. All the other browsers are updated on a regular basis. Microsoft does release updates on a monthly basis but they are ignored by a lot of users I assume. Chrome is in fact criticized for upgrading their installations without even alerting the users. the point remains. if you are not running the latest version of the web browser you are using, you are probably open to malware attacks.

This data is from Secunia:

Opera 10.x https://goo.gl/vs0w
Unpatched 10% (1 of 10 Secunia advisories)

Firefox 3.6.x Mozilla Firefox 3.6.x - Advisories by Product - Advisories - Community
Unpatched 25% (2 of 8 Secunia advisories)

Internet Explorer 8 Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.x - Advisories by Product - Advisories - Community
Unpatched 29% (4 of 14 Secunia advisories)

Apple Safari 5 Apple Safari 5.x - Advisories by Product - Advisories - Community
Unpatched 50% (1 of 2 Secunia advisories)

Google Chrome 5.x (cannot locate the 6.x page) Google Chrome 5.x - Advisories by Product - Advisories - Community
Unpatched 14% (1 of 7 Secunia advisories)

Back