Blur in video while watching football (sample image attached)

• Thread starter Thread starter Green80
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 8,033
blur is natural in any interlaced format ( 1080i) , thats the reason progressive format is best for sports channel, change the output format to 720p in STB and see if u got any improvement during fast camera movement

Thank you all for the replies...I am using an HDMI cable between STB and TV tuner card. I don't have a TV to test this on. Only other display adapter I'm using is my graphics card. I don't see any reason for conflict between the cards.How do I change the output format of Tata Sky STB from 1080p to 720p ?Thank you !

Thank you all for the replies...

I am using an HDMI cable between STB and TV tuner card. I don't have a TV to test this on. Only other display adapter I'm using is my graphics card. I don't see any reason for conflict between the cards.

How do I change the output format of Tata Sky STB from 1080p to 720p ?

Thank you !

THERE IS NO 1080P

1080i is most probably you are getting this problem.so you got to chnage it to 720p.try searching for option in you stb

otherwise tweak your TV tuner and display settings

I talked to Tata Sky customer care and I have been told they provide only 1080i, no support for 720p. My TV tuner card also don't give an option to down sampling to 720p.

fools indian techies.all over the world sports channels are in 720p but in india just to advertise 1080 they show it in 1080i.espn hd in usa,eu,south america is in 720p.and 1080p is already available in usa via dth.

One stupid question : Is there any scan converter available, which can convert from 1080i to 720p ?

I talked to Tata Sky customer care and I have been told they provide only 1080i, no support for 720p. My TV tuner card also don't give an option to down sampling to 720p.

Thats not true.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/286/dscf0395v.jpg

Awesome !!!! Thanks a lot ! Can't wait to reach home :) I am hoping there is onnly one HD STB for Tata Sky. Please give me the full path to this settings options if you can.

Thank you all ! I found the option for selecting HD resolution in STB. It is much better now..

Back