not getting full streaming speed while watching online video.

its not happening only with youtube with all the major video streaming sites like dailymotion,snotr etc.. Airtel is doing something to limit speed while video streaming.. bad airtel.... i hate it now.

I downloaded opera 11 and opted-in for HTML file, but still almost all of the videos play through flash only. So far I found only one video that played using HTML5, that was actually a video about html5 :)

ah. youtube html5 mode would not work with opera (and firefox) much because they do not bundle h.254 codecs because of licensing reasons.

safari and chrome and even IE9 would work fine.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

though. videos that are also encoded in webm format (google launched this video format for the same reason) would work in opera and recent versions of firefox. not all videos have webm editions sadly.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

HTML5 WebM HD Video on YouTube (beta)[/URL] is in webm. it would use adobe flash right here on the forum because oembed is still using flash player. try playing it on youtube.

Last edited:
i have a similar problem,i have 2Mbps , getting between 160-180 kB/sec on private torrent,normally get between 220-240, torrent is well seeded .

on the other hand getting 240 kB/sec on direct downloads.

has Airtel finally started traffic shaping with regard to P2P ?

If you are getting 220 or 250 speed when downloading then its normal. Downloading speed = actual divided by 8. If torrent shows approx 220 as downloading speed then its normal.

Back