Blur in video while watching football (sample image attached)

• Thread starter Thread starter Green80
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 8,033
To put it in a nutshell, if you think of a tv signal as data, 1080i contains half the data as 1080p. So 1080i actually contains as much 'data' as 720p. The question is that does that make any real world difference in terms of switching from 1080i to 720p? I switched from 1080i to 720p on the HD box settings (as also given by Green80 above), but I couldn't really tell the difference. If anything 1080i looked marginally better. There was one problem with 720p - the banner at the bottom (which gives teh channel and program information) gets cut towards the right (which is why I suspect Tata Sky customer care say that they don't support 720p). Anyway HD is still very nascent here, so I am sure things will improve with time.

i have Sony 40 inch full hd lcd tv , but this problem i have 2. this is not a tv tuner problem

These parameters are relevant:Display resolution for LCD HD TV is 1920x1080. Hence all source signals have to be up-scaled to match the tv. A bad algorithm will spoil the show.2. Source resolution (i.e. broadcast) for 720p is 1280x720; this has to be scaled up to display resolution.3. Source resolution for 1080i is 1920x1080; means 1:1 scaling with not distortion or loss of details.

Why use tv tuner when you can directly attach HDMI to your monitor. In case, your monitor lacks HDMI, you can use HDMI to DVI cable. You don't even need to turn on your CPU to watch TV. It is a fantastic little side-effect of having HDMI out on set top boxes.Also, if you have old generation monitor where only VGA input is available, you can still watch a very good resolution image without tv tuner. All you have to get is YPbPr (component video) to VGA cable and you are set!

for Full HD Experience your LCD/Plasma/LED must have Trumotion 100/200 Hz without it there will be small amount of blur video

for Full HD Experience your LCD/Plasma/LED must have Trumotion 100/200 Hz without it there will be small amount of blur video

Plasma doesn't actually need it .. LCDs (and the so-called LED tvs) do. However, algorithms used to create intermediate frames lead to artifacts of their own. Plasma technology itself is fast enough not to be needing this. Only place where this MAY be relevant on a plasma is while watching 1080p/24 signals, and even then the motion artifacts are clearly visible in such a scenario (at-least to me it was, on my Panny 42V20 while watching the Planet Earth BDs). So, even for 24FPS film based material, motion-flow and similar technologies are best kept turned off on a plasma.

For the majority of people owning LCDs, though, motion interpolation artifacts may not be that visible. So, an LCD with 100/200Hz motion flow will mitigate motion blur, at the same time making the pictures seem a little bit plasticky. Unfortunately, i think monitors lack this technology and as such the OP was getting the problem.

Back