[Breaking News] I got Tata Sky... again!

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,656

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
ISP
Tata Play 1 gbps, Jio AirFiber 100 mbps. Prior Microscan 500 mbps, PDPL 300 mbps and BSNL 300 mbps.
Just thought I should report this live and exclusive breaking news that I got a second connection of Tata Sky at home! :dance:Stay tuned for expert live analysis of quality and service, same time, same place, same channel!Some background: I had gotten TS installed about 3 months ago and very satisfied with it, at least compared to cable. My mom was also getting sick and tired of the poor cable signal quality hence got this second connection installed.

good yarr. but u should have wait for reliance bigtv na. itne be kya gaai the

Vikram Kaushik is soon gonna visit you and then kiss you and hug you :D Finally he found someone who loves Tata Sky and dedicating a thread for it :thumbsup:

actually i had posted another "breaking news" thread earlier for my first connection itself :dance:

good yarr. but u should have wait for reliance bigtv na. itne be kya gaai the
The thing is that for second TV connection TS charges only Rs. 125.........where as if you go for another DTH service then for the same channels they would be chraging between Rs. 250 - 300.

I am also planning to buy a second TV but i am not sure whether to go for TS second connection or else use the exisitng cable line with CAS STB......

@vishalrao

Can you please tell me how much did TS charge for the second connection of TS..........

Good :thumbsup:
I would also like to know, how much it costs for installation & monthly rental 2nd connection & are all packages of 1st connection available on 2nd connection. BTW is the 2nd connection taken from same dish or new dish is also installed?
Can the 2nd connection installed at other home, not officially by Tata Sky employees, but by the help of some other technician? Is it legal?

Yes all the channels subscribed on the first account are available on the second installation - I don't believe you can keep them different.They charged me Rs. 1500 for the STB and Rs 500 for the second installation - first time they charged Rs. 1000 for installation. Monthly charges are Rs. 125 for the second connection regardless of packages selected for the first connection.

good :thumbsup:
I would also like to know, how much it costs for installation & monthly rental 2nd connection & are all packages of 1st connection available on 2nd connection. Btw is the 2nd connection taken from same dish or new dish is also installed?
can the 2nd connection installed at other home, not officially by Tata Sky employees, but by the help of some other technician? Is it legal?
As far as i am concerned for the second connection in your home you have to pay Rs. 125 pm as monthly rental and you will the get the channels what you get from the 1st connection.......

TS will be charging Rs. 400 (correct me if i am wrong) for installation of 2nd STB, right now i think the installation is free for 2nd connection if you are in tamilnadu....

For the 2nd connection you have to buy a new digicomp box for Rs. 1499

Last - 2nd connection will be taken from the same dish.......

2nd connection is taken from the same dish, each dish supports upto 4 STB connections.I am not sure about taking connections in other locations via non TS employees :P

2nd connection is taken from the same dish, each dish supports upto 4 STB connections.

I am not sure about taking connections in other locations via non TS employees :P
Ok Thanks.
Also thanks Ajuravi
:thumbsup:

Back