• Thread starter Thread starter Hok
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 31,164

Hok

Regular
ISP
Previously Reliance. Now its BSNL 3G HSDPA
Is there any option or setting through which we can search for 3G Network in Micromax MMX300G in case we could not get any 3G or HSDPA signals at a particular location.

i just can't understand . what you wanna know, if ur set is 3G , and you have bsnl, then set the network setting at dual mode or automatic

This is what I mean.About a month back, I could not get 3G signal at my place even after setting to UMTS or dual mode.Later on I found out that after "searching for network" on mobile , I could see "TWO" BSNL signals, one is 2G normal and the other one is 3G.I just click/choose the 3G signal. The above trick works whenever you are in a place of low 3G signal and your mobile CANNOT DETECT OR CATCH 3G signal automatically even when set to UMTS/HSDPA mode. Anyway, I already bought the data card the day before yesterday and there is no need to search for any 3G signal since it detects the 3G signal automatically the moment I insert the modem in the usb plug.

I am not doing in laptop, so can't tell you about speed in moving condition.I am using this data card simply because I don't need to recharges battery like in mobile after every 2-3 hours.However in stationary position this is my speed.

What is the price of this USB dongle? Will it work with Windows 7 professional 64 Bit? I am asking because Micromax's site is silent about Windows 7.

Price:Rs 3801 /-The CD case I got says minimum requirement:Windows 2000/XP/Vista,Mac,Linux.So officially, there is no claim that it will work in Windows 7. So far my experience with this device has been extremely good.Yesterday, I got only 1 signal bar and still it was able to give 130 KB/sec speed, which is roughly 1mbps.

well the same with me , actually i use 3G phone modem, i will buy USB modem , whenever unlimited usage price come down, or wimax will become cheaper , dude in long run, these speeds will distinct dreams, because same old problem , network over utilize ,spectrum crunch

What network does the BSNL 3G usb modems use GSM or CSMA?

Supports HSDPA/UMTS/EDGE/GPRS/GSM.
I already tried with Reliance simcard (SMART connection) and it worked.

Back