BSNL 3G sim bought in Bangalore does not work in Gujarat

• Thread starter Thread starter netguru1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 31,298
I bought a 3g sim card from BSNL MP which was working fine in MP, now I am trying to use the same in Bangalore, but its not working here, contacted to customer care but no use they said they will call me back in 1 hour a week back and didn't get any call.
don't know what to do now

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

In my case I am getting error The PPP link control protocol was terminated.

Ashish,Few things:- Are you able to connect to BSNL 3G network or 2G network (I'm just referring to network and nothing to do with data access)- If you are able to connect to BSNL 3G network, is the problem you are facing is of data access ?- Are you able to make video calls? In that case, try changing APN to one of the foll:- bsnlnet - gprssouth.cellone.in If this doesn't work, send SMS: GPRSPRE to 53733Do not have any faith on CC :). They will be of no help

I bought a 3g sim card from BSNL MP which was working fine in MP, now I am trying to use the same in Bangalore, but its not working here, contacted to customer care but no use they said they will call me back in 1 hour a week back and didn't get any call.
don't know what to do now

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

In my case I am getting error The PPP link control protocol was terminated.

ppp link error also comes when balance is 0. make sure that's not your proble

ppp link error also comes when balance is 0. make sure that's not your proble

Folks,

I'll be visiting Mumbai and Ahmedabad next week and will send an update here. I have got hold of a BSNL network ops guy in Ahmedabad and will be meeting him to discuss the issues seen...let's see where this goes

Sometimes I feel...we may end up doing a better job in the BSNL customer care service :imwink:

I have got hold of a BSNL network ops guy in Ahmedabad and will be meeting him to discuss the issues seen.
Could you please ask him the reason why BSNL 3G disconnects after downloading ~400 MB? We then have to reconnect. This sucks. :|

Folks,I own E1752 and UMG1831. I'm from Bangalore...just came to Mumbai today. I have 2 BSNL 3G sim cards: one from Bangalore and other one from Ahmedabad (Gujarat) as posted earlier Here's my findings (in Mumbai..in all cases the modem does show up 3G Dolphin network) - E1752 with Bangalore SIM (Error 169) - E1752 with Ahmedabad SIM (Error 169) - UMG1831 with Bangalore SIM (Does not connect with message: Incorrect username and password on domain..not sure what that means) - UMG1831 with Ahmedabad SIM (works PERFECTLY FINE)Getting speed of about 1-2 mbps. Also, I have signed up for Rs222 - 512MB plan. In MTNL Dolphin network also it uses data from the same 512MB quota Hope this data helps..let me know if anyone needs more info while I'm still in MumbaiTomorrow I'm visiting Ahmedabad and will post results from there also. BTW..just FYI...both SIM cards work perfectly fine in Bangalore with UMG1831.

Could you please ask him the reason why BSNL 3G disconnects after downloading ~400 MB? We then have to reconnect. This sucks. :|

Im a bsnl 3g user in himachal and i to face frequent disconnection, even if i surf 2-3 sites on phone i get disconnected. ....... this really Sucks. .....

Folks,

I own E1752 and UMG1831. I'm from Bangalore...just came to Mumbai today. I have 2 BSNL 3G sim cards: one from Bangalore and other one from Ahmedabad (Gujarat) as posted earlier

Here's my findings (in Mumbai..in all cases the modem does show up 3G Dolphin network)
- E1752 with Bangalore SIM (Error 169)
- E1752 with Ahmedabad SIM (Error 169)
- UMG1831 with Bangalore SIM (Does not connect with message: Incorrect username and password on domain..not sure what that means)
- UMG1831 with Ahmedabad SIM (works PERFECTLY FINE)

Getting speed of about 1-2 mbps. Also, I have signed up for Rs222 - 512MB plan. In MTNL Dolphin network also it uses data from the same 512MB quota

Hope this data helps..let me know if anyone needs more info while I'm still in Mumbai

Tomorrow I'm visiting Ahmedabad and will post results from there also.

BTW..just FYI...both SIM cards work perfectly fine in Bangalore with UMG1831.

Just to add to my findings:

I'm in Ahmedabad (Gujarat) right now and the experience I had in Mumbai is same in Ahmedabad. To summarize:

UMG1831 with Ahmedabad SIM works perfectly fine in Mumbai (Maharashtra) and Ahmedabad (Gujarat)

Why the Bangalore SIM doesn't work even with UMG 1831 is a mystery.... I haven't got a chance to visit the BSNL office this time..I'll be coming back to Ahmedabad next week and will check with BSNL official here.

I tried the foll options as username and pass with Bangalore SIM but doesnt work still:
- Mobile Number as username and password
- ppp as username and ppp123 as password

I also tried gprswest.cellone.in as APN but of no help

Just to add to my findings:

I'm in Ahmedabad (Gujarat) right now and the experience I had in Mumbai is same in Ahmedabad. To summarize:

UMG1831 with Ahmedabad SIM works perfectly fine in Mumbai (Maharashtra) and Ahmedabad (Gujarat)

Why the Bangalore SIM doesn't work even with UMG 1831 is a mystery.... I haven't got a chance to visit the BSNL office this time..I'll be coming back to Ahmedabad next week and will check with BSNL official here.

I tried the foll options as username and pass with Bangalore SIM but doesnt work still:
- Mobile Number as username and password
- ppp as username and ppp123 as password

I also tried gprswest.cellone.in as APN but of no help

netguru please confirm that you were able to access to 3g data in mumbai from an ahemdabad bsnl sim card without any roaming charge ? and once you come to mumbai your network shifts to mtnl 3g but your data plan remains the same of bsnl?

netguru please confirm that you were able to access to 3g data in mumbai from an ahemdabad bsnl sim card without any roaming charge ? and once you come to mumbai your network shifts to mtnl 3g but your data plan remains the same of bsnl?

That's correct. No roaming charge and same plan applicable. I've already mentioned it in my previous post:
-----------------------------------------------------
Here's my findings (in Mumbai..in all cases the modem does show up 3G Dolphin network)
- E1752 with Bangalore SIM (Error 169)
- E1752 with Ahmedabad SIM (Error 169)
- UMG1831 with Bangalore SIM (Does not connect with message: Incorrect username and password on domain..not sure what that means)
- UMG1831 with Ahmedabad SIM (works PERFECTLY FINE)

Getting speed of about 1-2 mbps. Also, I have signed up for Rs222 - 512MB plan. In MTNL Dolphin network also it uses data from the same 512MB quota
-------------------------------------

Back