BSNL 3G sim bought in Bangalore does not work in Gujarat

• Thread starter Thread starter netguru1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 31,298
I bought a 3G Prepaid SIM from Mangalore where they claimed that its national roaming. So 3G was supposed to work all over India. but now I am in Mumbai and I just cant connect to 3G. I tried several debug techniques on my Galaxy S Captivate.But I do remember one conversation when I was purchasing the SIM card, the guy knew that 3G would work in South Zone but was unclear about all India roaming. Then he called up his superior and told me that it was now works all over India. Seems to me like its still restricted to each zone.

I bought a 3G Prepaid SIM from Mangalore where they claimed that its national roaming. So 3G was supposed to work all over India. but now I am in Mumbai and I just cant connect to 3G. I tried several debug techniques on my Galaxy S Captivate.
But I do remember one conversation when I was purchasing the SIM card, the guy knew that 3G would work in South Zone but was unclear about all India roaming. Then he called up his superior and told me that it was now works all over India.

Seems to me like its still restricted to each zone.

Please see my earlier post on this.

If you buy a SIM from BSNL west region..say Ahmedabad, it works in BSNL west and south region. I haven't tested in BSNL north and east region

I bought a 3G Prepaid SIM from Mangalore where they claimed that its national roaming. So 3G was supposed to work all over India. but now I am in Mumbai and I just cant connect to 3G. I tried several debug techniques on my Galaxy S Captivate.
But I do remember one conversation when I was purchasing the SIM card, the guy knew that 3G would work in South Zone but was unclear about all India roaming. Then he called up his superior and told me that it was now works all over India.

Seems to me like its still restricted to each zone.
BSNL West is having one of the poor management :P

Just came back from BSNL office after meeting the person from the network operations center. I explained him the problem..he took my cellphone inside..was back in 10 minutes..and boom....data access started working :) He mentioned that the parameters on the SIM card had to be changed in their system. He said this should not have been needed and they would fix in next 10-15 days and it has appeared due to the MNP changes in the system. He had to sync up with someone in Bangalore for this. This can happen on any sim card from BSNL south zone to be used in BSNL west zone. So if anyone else is facing similar problem.. PM me and I can give more details.was very satisfied with the kind of service I got ...not at all expected from BSNL. I went to BSNL office, Vastrapur branch, Ahmedabad.

i am travelling to delhi tomorrow for a week, this may come in handy incase of issues. Good inputs.

Dear netguru1 ... I am facing a similar problem. Kindly provide me the solution.Let me know if must visit the bsnl office.

Well I have been to Pune and goa with the 3g but doesnot seem to work with a BLR SIM. Kerala and TN works just fine. let me know if there is anything I can do make it work. thanks.

It would be great if someone can post more about the solution. I'm trying to connect bsnl3g in MP but no success. I bought the sim in bangalore karnataka. I went to bsnl office and those guys have no clue about this. they asked me to call karnataka's help line, again no success.Please someone help me out !!! thanks in advance.

Back